OT: World Cup | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not necessarily. Running time does not mean better flow. The game "stops" for throw-ins, goal kicks, and corners. The only difference really between that and a hockey face off is the clock stopping. I'm not a fan of the flopping (like many others), but the game stops on fouls too.

I'm a casual soccer fan because other than the USNTs, I don't follow any particular team or league. The MLS is not comprised of the best players, and I'm not invested in any other country, but I literally cannot fathom not getting stirred up in a patriotic frenzy when the Country level tournaments are going on.

I was just thinking of timeouts (TV and otherwise) along with two intermissions in hockey.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Is it me or is Germany completely dominating the play in the first part of this game?

Yes. Kind of expected as the German side is really good. They are one of the definitive favorites. The only knock is that they are a cooler Euro team playing in South America. But they are young, fast, and fit, so that disadvantage might be mitigated.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Yes. Kind of expected as the German side is really good. They are one of the definitive favorites. The only knock is that they are a cooler Euro team playing in South America. But they are young, fast, and fit, so that disadvantage might be mitigated.
2-0. Portugal is in real trouble. They are having a hard time creating anything resembling an attack.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Ze ah 2 schtrong!

Ze come and eat Portugal's children and zen ze come to eat ours.

Vee ah doomed

I think they'll be dining on African before our own. Die mannschaft

intlzncster

Reaction Score
2-0. Portugal is in real trouble. They are having a hard time creating anything resembling an attack.

Should have had one there. Terrible play at the end. Got to shoot that, not pass to someone who was off. Almost got it in on the corner too.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Germany took 37 1/2 minutes to put this game away. It's over. What a stupid move by Pepe. Can't beat a team like Germany playing short handed for 52 minutes...and down by 2.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Germany took 37 1/2 minutes to put this game away. It's over. What a stupid move by Pepe.

And he can't play against teh US!

I don't see how anyone and any sport can headbutt another guy, especially out fo the play. I don't care how innocuous it is. You are literally asking for it from the referee.

Plus, Pepe is a headcase, so that probably played into it.

Reaction Score
I think they'll be dining on African before our own. Die mannschaft

They are never sated, they will keep coming until they've had their fill.

Bad joking aside, they are looking good.

Not that I thought they'd lose- they never seem to lose before the quarters/semis.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

They are simply, aside from Ronaldo, better. I don't know why so much is made of the weather. While it will be hot in some of the locations, it is winter in South America. One of my colleagues in Sao Paolo said it would in the 70's or cooler there.

We just got some more good luck. Pepe with a red card, so he's ineligible for the US match.

Reaction Score
Germany took 37 1/2 minutes to put this game away. It's over. What a stupid move by Pepe. Can't beat a team like Germany playing short handed for 52 minutes...and down by 2.

Typical Pepe

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Typical Pepe
The guy is a joke. He does this every game. You should see him at Real, constantly putting himself in position to get carded and hurt his team. He's not that good either

Husky25

Reaction Score
Pepe is a defender. He severely weakened Portugal with his actions.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is clinical.

At this point, Portugal has really got to worry about goal differential. If they end up tied for 2nd in the group, they have real problems. They can't afford a draw in either remaining game. If we can beat Ghana and draw Portugal, it should put the U.S. through.

Reaction Score
And he can't play against teh US!

I don't see how anyone and any sport can headbutt another guy, especially out fo the play. I don't care how innocuous it is. You are literally asking for it from the referee.

Plus, Pepe is a headcase, so that probably played into it.

Pepe has had a history of losing his mind and getting carded. Head butting was just foolish. I suspect that not only will be miss the US match, he won’t be seen again in Brazil. I hope Germany absolutely demolishes Portugal as it will help the US if things come down to goal differential. Of course, the US has to get the win and 3 points today.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConnSwag11 said:
The guy is a joke. He does this every game. You should see him at Real, constantly putting himself in position to get carded and hurt his team. He's not that good either

Didn't we want him playing, then?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Another hole in the Portuguese back line. Coentrao goes down.

Every thing is coming up Milhouse!

Husky25

Reaction Score
...and Ronaldo is playing on one leg.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Ronaldo should have been booked there. He almost ran over the ref, as he was running backward. The only reason he didn't was because the Ref was wrong not to call a foul.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nice. Portugal's goal diff continues to go south.

Mueller might end up being one of the best World Cup players ever. 8 WC goals at age 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom