OT - What is your greatest musical performance of all time? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - What is your greatest musical performance of all time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I got three.
1. Return to Forever played a little auditorium at Russel Sage College while I was a student at RPI in the 70's. Off the charts musicianship with Chick Corea, Al Dimeola, Stanley Clarke and Lenny White.
2. Also in the 70's the NY Philharmonic played Stravinsky's Rite of Spring at the Troy Music Hall which is world renowned for it's great acoustics. It was a requirement for the music elective I was taking.
3. Grateful Dead, Boston Music Hall, 1976. My GF and sat front row center and Jerry was basically standing right in front of me.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Considered by many to be the best performance ever.

It's right up there for sure. Freddie was a consummate performer.

For the full version, plus a bonus, here it is. Skip to the 16-minute mark if you want their dual anthem:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
July 20, 1969. Singing and playing rock and roll in a smokey bar in Cortland NY. Small room, filled, everyone standing, no dancing. At about 11 PM from the bar side comes in waving his arms, yelling, 'STOP Armstrong is about to set foot on the moon!', was my friend Ronnie James Dio. Went into the next room and watched and listened having a drink with Ronnie.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Greatest of all time. Wow! Pretty hard to pick one musical performance, but because it was during my youth and because I was a member of the Woodstock generation I'd suggest...

Michael Shrieve's solo kicks in around the 2:42 mark. The amazing thing about this performance is that Shrieve was a virtually unknown 19 year old at the time.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Fillmore East, September 1970, Allman Brothers doing Whipping Post, the loooooonnnngggg version.

One of favorite Allman Brothers songs. Saw them live with my GF (now wife) at the old Paramount Theatre (I think it was the Paramount) in Springfield just after Duane died in a motorcycle accident (October 71). BTW, they were awful, Greg was clearly higher than a kite and Dicky Betts did a 25 minute guitar solo in an attempt to save the concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom