OT: "UConn's secret sports fund"... | The Boneyard

OT: "UConn's secret sports fund"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just bought today's Waterbury Republican-American. The lead article on the front page is an Associated Press article on reporter Pat Eaton-Robb's attempt to get details on UConn's fundraising through F.O.I. Act.
An excerpt:
"Though it is a public institution, UConn keeps some of the financial information about its athletic fundraising secret by using private entities.
Many universities use private tax-exempt foundations to raise money, but what separates Connecticut from other schools is a measure passed by the state legislature a decade ago that exempts the University of Connecticut Foundation from state freedom of information laws. Also, the state Supreme Court in February ruled the school can keep its list of donors and season-ticketholders private, saying the amount to trade secrets.
Now the school is asserting that it doesn't have to release the details of marketing deals, such as the one with Webster, because it is not actually a party to the contracts. The deal is signed by Webster and IMG College, a marketing firm that has an agreement with UConn and more than 70 other schools to administer licensing, media rights and content on school athletic websites."

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
"Though it is a public institution, UConn keeps some of the financial information about its athletic fundraising secret by using private entities.

Many universities use private tax-exempt foundations to raise money, but what separates Connecticut from other schools is a measure passed by the state legislature a decade ago that exempts the University of Connecticut Foundation from state freedom of information laws. Also, the state Supreme Court in February ruled the school can keep its list of donors and season-ticketholders private, saying the amount to trade secrets.

Good. Because of this we can keep the Boneyard's retirement figt to Coach ?Calhoun under wraps!

Reaction Score
Live in Waterbury, read the "rag" at 7 am. Rehash of a few articles in the HC in the past. Real expose no paper picked up the story. Total bulls hit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Screw that weasley little rat fecundity Jonathan Pelto!!! Fecundity him amd his push to get my info as a season ticket holder public! My personal info on my ticket account isn't for his viewing...and it is pretty obvious for him to figure out who pays what for a seat donation fee by the amount of each sear that is sold...which i'm sure the school would gladly give him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom