OT - UConn police issues | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - UConn police issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Why did they get Gloria Allred? Was Al Sharton tied up?

These are serious charges, but having them handled by a political hack and proven liar like Allred should make everyone suspicious.

Some people hire Allred or other "celebrity" lawyers when their case is being ignored by the cops and DA's office and they feel like they have no other recourse. (For example, the Maryville girl went on TV not to seek fame -- who wants that kind of infamy? -- but to expose the laziness and/or corruption that resulted in her alleged rapist not being prosecuted. I guess that's just my opinion; others are free to shame a 16-year-old girl whose life was turned upside down.) Each case deserves to be considered on the basis of the facts, not the attorney.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why did they get Gloria Allred? Was Al Sharton tied up?

Intentional or not, this misspelling cracked me up.

Juvenile, I know. But funny.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Herbst Calls Allegation That UConn Is Indifferent To Sex-Assault Reports 'Astonishingly Misguided'

University of Connecticut President Susan Herbst said Wednesday that any suggestion that the university as an institution is "indifferent to or dismissive of any report of sexual assault is astonishingly misguided and demonstrably untrue."
"This is so obvious to those of us who work here and deal with these serious and painful issues that I am stunned that I even have to say it," Herbst continued, speaking at a Board of Trustees meeting, "or that any reasonable person would believe otherwise."
Herbst said that "as individuals, we have nothing but heartfelt compassion for any victim of sexual violence, anywhere."

Herbst was disturbed by allegations made earlier this week by seven current and former students who filed a Title IX complaint with the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights charging that the university failed to protect them from sexual assault on campus and did not respond adequately after they reported the assaults.
"We prioritize campus safety above all else, and I commend any student who is working to raise awareness and to prevent sexual harassment and sexual assault," Herbst said.
Herbst said that because of federal privacy regulations, the university cannot comment about specific case unless the students sign a document waiving those rights. "This is challenging for us, because we would like to be as transparent as possible in all we do," said Herbst.

Reaction Score
Remarks such as those that were made constitute harassing speech. There's language in the student code against that. Students have been thrown out for saying less. You don't make death threats and s e xual assault comments because someone wrote a bad article. "We won't rape you." etc. All that may be swept under the rug, but what can't be condoned is this: Herbst remained silent, and Luby said one school official told her, "That's kind of the risk you run when you publish something on the Internet."

But the problem is, this is the truth... She wrote things on the internet, and she received threats over the internet that she's upset the school didn't protect her from... Is the school supposed to provide her with an internet privacy expert? A time machine? It's moronic stuff posted by losers on the internet, and her letter was completely ludicrous. She clearly wanted attention from it, she got attention she didn't want. She doesn't belong in that suit, and yet she's the one who put it together, which to me undermines the actual legitimate claims from the other women, who should be the main focus

Reaction Score
But the problem is, this is the truth... She wrote things on the internet, and she received threats over the internet that she's upset the school didn't protect her from... Is the school supposed to provide her with an internet privacy expert? A time machine? It's moronic stuff posted by losers on the internet, and her letter was completely ludicrous. She clearly wanted attention from it, she got attention she didn't want. She doesn't belong in that suit, and yet she's the one who put it together, which to me undermines the actual legitimate claims from the other women, who should be the main focus

The threats were from campus.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The threats were from campus.

She was an idiot globally, though. She's claiming the university was indifferent. So, she either has to sue zOMG EVERYONE or nobody.

Reaction Score
She was an idiot globally, though. She's claiming the university was indifferent. So, she either has to sue zOMG EVERYONE or nobody.

?? I don't understand your point. A death threat is a death threat.

Reaction Score
?? I don't understand your point. A death threat is a death threat.

I respectfully disagree, there are believable death threats that a person in power gets, and then there are moronic threats like those I'm sure she received for her moronic comments that a cartoon husky sends an 'agressive' tone that is pro-rape... I'm going off of paraphrased memory here, but I beleive she opined that the new husky was a reflection of how the university thinks rape is OK and in a way was supporting future rapes.

Even if she got threats from campus, were any believable and relevant? Were there ever moments where people were stalking her or breaking into her place of residence.. because they were offended by her letter? She shouldn't be the focal point of this lawsuit, unless the other girls real actual rape accusations are completely made up. I think focusing on people talking smack to a girl who publicly defamed the university rather than on the girls who were actually sexually assaulted and treated miserably by campus police is so foolish and typical of a Gloria Allred involved legal situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom