OT: UConn chicks | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: UConn chicks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
F
Link didn't work...
Found it

The 5-foot-5 Dixon was able to record the top SPARQ Basketball Rating on the first day of testing by running a 3.17 20-meter dash and recording the top one-step vertical jump at 33.7 inches. Dixon also finished in the top five in the 30-second endurance jump test, as her score of 65 was No. 2 among the competitors. Although some of her individual marks were surpassed by other athletes, Dixon's overall performance at her height gave the junior-to-be the highest rating since the SPARQ Basketball Rating is the only one SPARQ (an acronym for Speed, Power, Agility, Reaction and Quickness) has unveiled that incorporates an athlete's height as a variable in the calculation.

http://www.collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=437524

Reaction Score
Also I didn’t start the bickering, other than making fun of Deepster for his brilliant “They’re slower” And “They’re not as fast” post. But I found that pretty funny. He then followed up with another brilliant post of attributing me to something someone else said and then claiming it wasn’t funny.

Yea, sticking up for Deepster probably is not a great idea. Yea I agree though, not quite sure why you guys want to do this???

I'm trying to help you. If you'd like to have a somewhat enjoyable experience on this board, you'll need to be informative or funny and, right now? I'm just not seeing either. You seem to be the guy at the party telling his jokes loud enough so everyone around you can enjoy them.....except the jokes aren't funny and the guests just think you're annoying.

Reaction Score
Best case scenario--Griner gets two titles and three Final Fours, and had one undefeated season. That's not as good as Maya Moore (2 titles, 4 FFs, 2 undefeated seasons), only marginally better than Candace Parker (2 titles, 2 FFs in only 3 years), and not as good as Taurasi (3 titles, 4 FFs, one undefeated season)

Oh come on. You are judging individual players by team accomplishments, when two played for UConn or Tennessee and one for -- wait for it -- Baylor.

Every players who has an NBA ring is not better than Karl Malone.

Reaction Score
Oh come on. You are judging individual players by team accomplishments, when two played for UConn or Tennessee and one for -- wait for it -- Baylor.

Every players who has an NBA ring is not better than Karl Malone.
Diana Taurasi won won title, and made two Final Fours, with a team of all time great players.

She then won two more titles with much less help than Griner has.

If you want to make the case that Griner is more dominant than Moore--fine. I don't follow women's basketball enough, and three of Moore's Final Four's came with Tina Charles, who was really darn good herself, and clearly better than anyone currently on Baylor.

But UConn has no real right to two of its many titles--Diana Taurasi pretty much brought them along all herself.

Also, don't straw-man me here. I didn't suggest that Maria Conlon was more dominant than Griner. Robert Horry may not be a better player than Karl Malone, but I think you can build an argument that Duncan is--based in part on titles.

Reaction Score
I can't get over the moving screen by Dolson.

Her 11th turnover, she fouls out and she basically sets up the first overtime. And she complains about the call that happened 90 freaking feet from the basket. Holy crap.

The team had 34 turnovers on the game. Remarkable.

Not their best effort, that is for sure. Incomprehensible lack of basketball IQ.

Reaction Score
Diana Taurasi won won title, and made two Final Fours, with a team of all time great players.

If you want to make the case that Griner is more dominant than Moore--fine. I don't follow women's basketball enough, and three of Moore's Final Four's came with Tina Charles, who was really darn good herself, and clearly better than anyone currently on Baylor.

But UConn has no real right to two of its many titles--Diana Taurasi pretty much brought them along all herself.

Also, don't straw-man me here. I didn't suggest that Maria Conlon was more dominant than Griner. Robert Horry may not be a better player than Karl Malone, but I think you can build an argument that Duncan is--based in part on titles.

I second that. Or +1 that, to use modern shorthand. UConn women took a huge step back after Taurasi graduated. Took five years to get back. Texas had us dead in the semis one year and she just wouldn't let us lose. Moore almost did the same thing with 40+ in our Final Four loss to ND, but I think DT has to get a tiny edge over Moore for the third title and doing it twice without an All-American teammate. Griner's on the short list, but I still think Taurasi is on top of it.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

When UConn lost all those seniors and brought back only Taurasi and surrounded her with what amounted to, by UConn standards, a bunch of scrubs, and they still went through an entire regular season undefeated and won two more national titles -- that puts Taurasi in a whole different conversation from anyone else. She was that good.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I'm trying to help you.
ah no your not. You are the one who started trying to be funny (and failed) and then screwed up trying to attribute something to me which I didn't post. If you actually were trying to help, you are a complete failure. Better try something else.

If you'd like to have a somewhat enjoyable experience on this board, you'll need to be informative or funny and, right now? I'm just not seeing either.
Well I certainly have corrected you. So unless you are too dumb to comprehend you should have been informed. And like I said, I wasn't ever trying to be funny. That was you trying to be funny.

And what concern is it of yours (I realize it's not) that I have an enjoyable time on this board? You actually don't seem to want me to. And how do you know I'm not having fun? I actually am. I enjoy making people look silly. And you are a wet dream when it comes to that.

You seem to be the guy at the party telling his jokes loud enough so everyone around you can enjoy them.....except the jokes aren't funny and the guests just think you're annoying.
You know, that is a really good description of yourself. I wish I'd thought of it. Although you are not so annoying as just not very bright.

Piece of advice, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Reaction Score
ah no your not. You are the one who started trying to be funny (and failed) and then screwed up trying to attribute something to me which I didn't post. If you actually were trying to help, you are a complete failure. Better try something else.

Well I certainly have corrected you. So unless you are too dumb to comprehend you should have been informed. And like I said, I wasn't ever trying to be funny. That was you trying to be funny.

And what concern is it of yours (I realize it's not) that I have an enjoyable time on this board? You actually don't seem to want me to. And how do you know I'm not having fun? I actually am. I enjoy making people look silly. And you are a wet dream when it comes to that.

You know, that is a really good description of yourself. I wish I'd thought of it. Although you are not so annoying as just not very bright.

Piece of advice, when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

And we've officially crossed over into the creepy zone, folks.

Reaction Score
Keep your eye on Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis. She can shoot like DT but she plays defense, too. Kid's amazing.

I love her game too....and she improved her versatility this year in a big way - goes to the hole much better, has a nice mid range as well as the obvious "GREAT shooter" label.......she's uncanny shooting it.....

Still Diana had "IT" like none of the others....but I agree Kaleena may surpass Moore for #2 it will be close.....

Reaction Score
who knows what happens if Elena Delle Donne had kept her commitment to Uconn she may be the best pure basketball player in the country Griner is the most dominant.

Reaction Score
i generally never watch the women unless theyre playing one of the top 3-4 teams but i used to tune in when they played scrubs just to watch diana

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I love her game too....and she improved her versatility this year in a big way - goes to the hole much better, has a nice mid range as well as the obvious "GREAT shooter" label.......she's uncanny shooting it.....

Still Diana had "IT" like none of the others....but I agree Kaleena may surpass Moore for #2 it will be close.....
Yeah, KML needs that "get the hell out my way, I'm going to get my team a win" attitude. I have hope, though, as Kaleena's only a sophomore.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah, KML needs that "get the hell out my way, I'm going to get my team a win" attitude. I have hope, though, as Kaleena's only a sophomore.
Yea, it seems like only Faris is one who tries that now. Looking forward to seeing KML as a Jr/Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom