OT. tom crean is an odd duck | The Boneyard

OT. tom crean is an odd duck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Starting with ast coaches from mich... act like you have been there

Reaction Score
Guess after the game some words where said and they had to move them apart.

Reaction Score
Great game though...Mich. gave it away missing those 2 front ends in the last 00:45...and that ball rolling off the rim at the end is just torture...

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I heard the IU beat reporter interviewed this week, apparently Crean does not get along well with others, especially the Wisc coach.

Reaction Score
images

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That was one of the worst non calls you'll ever see. Michigan wins if they get it right.

Reaction Score
He coached MArquette for years and has never beaten Wisconsin while at IU, I am sure there is no love. He is best friends with Izzo so maybe there is some anti-michigan feelings? HE is a great recruiter and decent game coach, and the team is good enough to have a chance to win it all.

Reaction Score
I have awful memories from him in Marquette's first BE game when Novak scored 80 points.

Reaction Score
Hes related to Jim Harbaugh...what do you expect!

Reaction Score
The coach he was yelling at was an assistant at IU under Sampson. Crean said something like "You helped ruin the program! You know what you did!"

Edit: found the vid

Reaction Score
Sampson is a great basketball coach, but he did help destroy that program like no other has destroyed a program before.

Reaction Score
What makes Sampson a great coach? He slipped out of town before the sanctions at OU and got clobbered by the NCAA at IU?

Reaction Score
What makes Sampson a great coach? He slipped out of town before the sanctions at OU and got clobbered by the NCAA at IU?
Yeah. I think he's obviously a good coach (he was successful as hell at OU), but you do need some ethics, at least at the college level.

I oddly think IU was more damaged by Davis's lucky 2002 run than by Samson. Knight had stopped winning at the national level years before , but then Davis took over, got a lucky run to the title game, and was able to coast the program into such obscurity that they tried to hire someone everyone knew was sketchy like Samson to revitalize it.

Davis was interim, I believe, and if he didn't make that run they poach a great coach from somewhere and probably keep on rolling. Instead, they stuck with Davis for a while...

Reaction Score
Indiana passion and pressure that's all. Its a prominent program that fell. Not a fan here of mics in faces during or after games, especially after emotional and wrenching games.

Reaction Score
The coach he was yelling at was an assistant at IU under Sampson. Crean said something like "You helped ruin the program! You know what you did!"

Edit: found the vid

What an assssssshole. An assistant coach is just doing his job, at another school, years later , and he seeks him out an accosts him.

Reaction Score
What an assssssshole. An assistant coach is just doing his job, at another school, years later , and he seeks him out an accosts him.

Agreed, looks like he has gone to the Harbaugh school of coaching. I bet Crean didnt give 2 $hits about IU back then.

Reaction Score
Sampson is a great basketball coach, but he did help destroy that program like no other has destroyed a program before.

My memory is bad, but it was all about phone calls, right?

Given all the stuff that goes on, I'm not going to get worked up.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Crean realizes that if Sampson & Co didn't "ruin the program," he wouldn't be the coach at Indiana.

Regarding the flap after yesterday's game, obviously Crean knows a lot more about the situation, but I was a little surprised to learn that Meyer's only time coaching with Sampson was at Indiana. I thought he might have followed him from Oklahoma.

Meyer's also been an assistant at Michigan for 5 years, so this isn't the first time Crean's seen him after a game. I don't know what prompted Crean to go after him this time. Or maybe he's been telling Meyer the same thing after every game.

Reaction Score

with relatively equal teams, he beat Calhoun 3 out of 4 years we played OU. He has been a great assistant in the NBA since and is interviewed every offseason for head gigs, and I suspect he will get one soon.

Ethics on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc