OT - The Thread | The Boneyard

OT - The Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
With basketball starting in less than a week, these OT threads will mercifully come to an end so I'm starting this - the mother of all OT threads where you should discuss anything and everything that cheeses you off, makes you happy, sad, angry or flustered, that you want to buy, sell, trade or any other kind of ridiculousness that comes to mind.

With that, I'll start. I hate sports movies that get the basics of the game wrong. Like after a turnover near the end of the game, the clock keeps running and the underdog has to call a timeout before they inevitably win on the final play. The freakin clock stops - go talk to your nephew who likes football to get this right.

On a related note, I hate movies that has a car on a dirt road that takes off or stops abruptly and makes skidding noises. They're on dirt - tires don't squeal!

Watcha got?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It drives me up the wall whenever someone doesn't pronounce the t in Internet. It's not called the "innernet".

Reaction Score
I hate cop chase tv shows with the hellicoptor recording it and some how picking up tire squealing noises very clearly without a hint of the sound of the hellicoptor and at the same time the announcer talking as if is in the hellicoptor the whole time talking as its live...in all reality they made the clip completely silent and dub in the sirens, squealing, and fake live play by play

Reaction Score
With basketball starting in less than a week, these OT threads will mercifully come to an end so I'm starting this - the mother of all OT threads where you should discuss anything and everything that cheeses you off, makes you happy, sad, angry or flustered, that you want to buy, sell, trade or any other kind of ridiculousness that comes to mind.

With that, I'll start. I hate sports movies that get the basics of the game wrong. Like after a turnover near the end of the game, the clock keeps running and the underdog has to call a timeout before they inevitably win on the final play. The freakin clock stops - go talk to your nephew who likes football to get this right.

On a related note, I hate movies that has a car on a dirt road that takes off or stops abruptly and makes skidding noises. They're on dirt - tires don't squeal!

Watcha got?

Eight Men Out - the White Sox score in the TOP of the tenth and everyone storms home plate to celebrate.

You know when you are on a four-lane road and you pull behind someone at a stoplight when there's no left turn lane/arrow, and the dude turns on his left-turn blinker after you're already behind him? C'mon, buddy That was info I needed 10 seconds ago. I hate that guy.

Also Illinois Nazis.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Stilton Cheese - leave it to the English to screw up something wonderful like bleu cheese.

Reaction Score
I just had a pepperoni pizza from Little City in Simsbury. Does anyone have a good pizza recommendation that's any better than that?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Are any Yarders looking to buy or sell a home? I'm a Realtor & consultant working on property projects all over the United States. Shoot me a private message if you have a move coming up. Enjoy the UConn season!

Reaction Score
Dolly Parton was in a fender bender, but came out of it unharmed - since she was protected by an obvious punchline.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I love really really big...........
Tits. Just say it, it's officially permitted.

Okay mine, I hate, I mean absolute the despise the time out between posts. Wait another 132 seconds? stupid time delay thingy....and Jeff Hathaway, and FHCPP.... and that's all for now.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
i can't tell if this is a hate thread or a ot thread. but kentucky sucks

Not a hate only thread.

Pigs! An animal that gives us Bacon, Ham and Pork Chops!!! I love pigs. They're awesome.

and while we're going there - Butter lettuce (you might know it as Boston lettuce) the most underrated of the lettuce family!

Reaction Score
What I think of most Americans

uploadfromtaptalk1382769646171.jpg

Reaction Score
You asked for it OP. I feel much better now that i got that out of the way....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382770552745.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382770552745.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads