OT: The Right Attitude | The Boneyard

OT: The Right Attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gotta love this quote from Sharapova after winning the French earlier today.

Rewind. In 2008, in her early twenties, and after having won a couple of Grand Slams, she had rotator cuff surgery. She could have easily gone the modeling and publicity route and made a shittton of money without playing another competitive set.

She literally had multi-million contracts and endorsements lined up for the next 25 years.

But, as she says-

As Sharapova herself noted, she could have thrown in the towel in 2008 when a doctor diagnosed the torn rotator cuff tendon that had been giving her pain and trouble in her shoulder for months.
Instead, she studiously ignored - and has now proven wrong - all those who said that the surgically repaired shoulder would never allow the former No. 1 to be this potent again.
''I could have said, 'I don't need this. I have money; I have fame; I have victories; I have Grand Slams,''' she said after pocketing another $1.6 million for Saturday's win.

''But when your love for something is bigger than all those things, you continue to keep getting up in the morning when it's freezing outside, when you know that it can be the most difficult day, when nothing is working, when you feel like the belief sometimes isn't there from the outside world, and you seem so small.''

She is the anti-Kournikova.

Well done Ms. Sharapova. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member