OT: The AAC has outdone itself. | The Boneyard

OT: The AAC has outdone itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The Amazingly Awful Conference, in a triumph of geographical miscalculation, has announced an east-west alignment, obviously for football, that puts Navy (soon to join for football only) in the west division with SMU, Tulsa, Houston, Tulane and Memphis.

This is clearly a new variation on the old recruiting pitch: "Join the Navy and see the world." Now, when recruiting football prospects, Annapolis coaches can extol the virtues of long round-trip plane rides to distant locales on a weekly basis.

Reaction Score
The Amazingly Awful Conference, in a triumph of geographical miscalculation, has announced an east-west alignment, obviously for football, that puts Navy (soon to join for football only) in the west division with SMU, Tulsa, Houston, Tulane and Memphis.

This is clearly a new variation on the old recruiting pitch: "Join the Navy and see the world." Now, when recruiting football prospects, Annapolis coaches can extol the virtues of long round-trip plane rides to distant locales on a weekly basis.

It's unclear what your beef is here. While it is arguable that many Navy wo/men stay in the Annapolis region after leaving the Service (the East?), I would not be surprise to know that a large(r) contingent moves South/West to areas such as Houston, Memphis (Indeed, I was surprise about the number of ex-military people living in Austin, TX- and they were not only Army, but Airforce, Navy, etc). Trashing the AAC is getting tired and old now. Let us move on to higher grounds.

Reaction Score
Surely Annapolis is more east than many of those in the east alignment. Agree with Kibitzer about Navy in the west.

Reaction Score
"Texas is our No. 1 state for players," Navy coach Ken Niumatalolo told the Advocate.com. "So we'd prefer to play at either Houston or SMU every year. No plan is perfect, and we'll be happy wherever they put us."
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11005968/aac-executives-finalize-two-6-team-divisions
"We preferred to be in the West and actually were very insistent that be the case," Naval Academy athletic director Chet Gladchuk said, per the Capital Gazette. "We are very grateful to the commissioner and member schools for accommodating our wishes ... We had no interest in being geographically parochial. We are a national program and playing in the West Division fits that identity."
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo.../american-announces-2015-divisional-alignment

Last edited:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Well, if Dallas can reside comfortably in the NFL East (with Philadelphia, the NY Giants and Washington), I guess this makes more sense than met my eye. :confused:

Reaction Score
Well, if Dallas can reside comfortably in the NFL East (with Philadelphia, the NY Giants and Washington), I guess this makes more sense than met my eye. :confused:

and Notre Dame is on the Atlantic Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom