OT: St. Joe's 78 Rhody 48 | The Boneyard

OT: St. Joe's 78 Rhody 48

Reaction Score
I definitely jinxed them in the other thread. Don't bother looking up the post, just know it's true.

Reaction Score
Wow, in RI too. Buddy of mine is a St Joe's alumnus and has texted me sporadically throughout the season that they're awful this year.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
his players didn't show up tonight because they heard he is coming to UConn next year. understandable
I was wondering which would show up first - this, or someone saying, "See, we need to keep KO, because we can't take a chance with Hurley."

Reaction Score
That was a good beating put on URI. Kind of like the beatings put on us with frequency. Let's see how they fare down the stretch before we declare Hurley unfit...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hurley still hasn't shown he can coach consistently, anyone can coach to a 30 point loss to a crappy team every once in a while, it takes some real talent to do it consistently.
Agreed! We've got standards. Only 20 point losses are acceptable at UConn!

Reaction Score
Played at Ryan Center.
St. Joe's came into the game 13-15.

Phil Martelli's the answer.
He and Geno are friends and Geno will make him a superstar by inviting him to watch his practices............

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Phil Martelli's the answer.
He and Geno are friends and Geno will make him a superstar by inviting him to watch his practices..

I'm pretty sure it's a little late for Phil being in his mid-60's and all.

The year St. Joe's was undefeated, Phil Jr was still at Central with Howie and I was at an NEC tourney game at Wagner when Phil Sr walked in. You would have thought the Pope had entered the arena.... good coach and all but it was like Elvis was in the house.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
As for Rhode Island - weird things happen this time of the year because everyone is bored with the regular season. It's an ugly number but probably not the worst thing that could happen since it will help Hurley get their attention. They should start conference tournaments on Feb 26th every year - normally this is the worst sports week of the year.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
As for Rhode Island - weird things happen this time of the year because everyone is bored with the regular season. It's an ugly number but probably not the worst thing that could happen since it will help Hurley get their attention. They should start conference tournaments on Feb 26th every year - normally this is the worst sports week of the year.

It was also senior night and they start 4 seniors. Everyone was crying before the game started including Hurley. Losing on senior night isn't surprising, but they were particularly bad. Lazy passes and several missed layups.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Only in the Boneyard is losing Cinci and Witch St and Nova and Auburn and AZ and AR with a young and depleted roster akin to losing a home game to a 150+ team and your stars are all - wait for it - wait -wait-

SENIORS and JUNIORS. Amazing how could coaches can look with a bunch of experienced upperclassman playing for him. Especially in a horrible conference. Just axe last night's winning coach, Philly Martelli.

Did youse know? That URI home loss was the biggest margin of defeat for an AP ranked team to an unranked team in the HISTORY OF AP POLLING.

Gee whiz, it sure is easy to play games like this, welcome to the BY :cool:. home of brilliant and rational basketball discussion

Reaction Score
Their shooting last night was horrendous while SJs shot it pretty good.
URI has been on tv quite a bit this year. Was that planned or did the networks pick up the games because of how well they have been playing?
Am I misremembering or does it seem like there are more blow outs this year than typical.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Only in the Boneyard is losing Cinci and Witch St and Nova and Auburn and AZ and AR with a young and depleted roster akin to losing a home game to a 150+ team and your stars are all - wait for it - wait -wait-

SENIORS and JUNIORS. Amazing how could coaches can look with a bunch of experienced upperclassman playing for him. Especially in a horrible conference. Just axe last night's winning coach, Philly Martelli.

Did youse know? That URI home loss was the biggest margin of defeat for an AP ranked team to an unranked team in the HISTORY OF AP POLLING.

Gee whiz, it sure is easy to play games like this, welcome to the BY :cool:. home of brilliant and rational basketball discussion

You realize you just had to reference 7 20+ point losses this season?

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that yes, that is worse than 1 blowout loss.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom