OT: Sphere | The Boneyard

OT: Sphere

Reaction Score
IMG_3642.jpeg

Now that was a lot of phun. Highly recommend if you have a chance.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The mix sucked at times. Certain instruments disappear when they try and mix top bottom with right and left. At other times mix was as good as I ever heard.

BTW Mr French has more connections with this ;-) than any UConn insider has with Huskies.

Reaction Score
I heard a lot of complaints about sound but for me - was one of the best shows sound wise I’ve experienced in a while.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The mix sucked at times. Certain instruments disappear when they try and mix top bottom with right and left. At other times mix was as good as I ever heard.

BTW Mr French has more connections with this ;-) than any UConn insider has with Huskies.

I need to trade in for ones that I care more about.

But the sphere show would be something I could dig. Couldn’t make the trip though, some did.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I need to trade in for ones that I care more about.

But the sphere show would be something I could dig. Couldn’t make the trip though, some did.
When you coming to CT for a game? Stop bagging me :)

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
When you coming to CT for a game? Stop bagging me :)

Mannn trust me this year would have been the time I wanted to! Gotta get there this year one way or the other.

Trying for Fenway in summer sometime too.

Reaction Score
Any motion sickness? I'm afraid to go because I get motion sickness. I've heard people have to look at the floor, but then what's the point?

Reaction Score
Any motion sickness? I'm afraid to go because I get motion sickness. I've heard people have to look at the floor, but then what's the point?
I didn’t experience that at all. Overwhelming at first. But you’re able to orient yourself and settle in.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Guaranteed that would be me, bad equilibrium and some tailgating would have me spinning.

Reaction Score
Coincidentally last week a thought came to mind. What if we transformed the inside of Gampel ceiling into a modified Sphere? Probably cost a fortune

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I went to the opening night of U2. The place is amazing. Any issues with the sound are due to operator error. It was stunningly clear from every seat.

The only seats to avoid are the 100s beneath the overhang and the very last row of the 200s. These are the only seats you cannot see the entire screen (ceiling). If you have a choice avoid the very end sections, there is really nothing wrong with them but you do get a bit of that edge of screen effect. Second section in, no problems at all.

As for motion sickness, YMMV but it really depends on the graphics being shown and how you choose to perceive it. There was a brief moment in U2's show where the place felt like it was rotating. If you focus on the seating for a brief second, it will stop.

Definitely go before it becomes second hand and run down even just to see the Experience movie.

Reaction Score
There was a time in the mid-to-late 90s where I would've hitchhiked out to Vegas to see Phish play in that thing.

I've seen that band probably 130 times, starting out 8/2/93 down in Tampa, but I (unofficially) got off the train after the run in Charleston run in December '19. Hell of a ride. (o;

Reaction Score
There was a time in the mid-to-late 90s where I would've hitchhiked out to Vegas to see Phish play in that thing.

I've seen that band probably 130 times, starting out 8/2/93 down in Tampa, but I (unofficially) got off the train after the run in Charleston run in December '19. Hell of a ride. (o;
Good times - this is my last final run this year. Still check out streams? I’ve finally come around to living couch tour.

Reaction Score
Good times - this is my last final run this year. Still check out streams? I’ve finally come around to living couch tour.

Yeah, when the situation warrants it I'll do a stream. LOL I have to justify the $$ I've pumped into my home theater system, and a UHD/4K video of Phish live checks that box.

I'm guessing this 'Sphere' run will get some sort of DVD package.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom