OT: Showtime boxing | The Boneyard

OT: Showtime boxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Showtime boxing announcing team make me miss Jim Lampley.

The Broner-Malignaggi fight was just impossible to listen to.

Mauro Ranallo should work in a profession that doesn't require him to speak.

Reaction Score
I can't cosign the Lampley comment, his performance in the Bradley/Pac fight should have him issuing an apology the following week he was so bad. Ranallo came over from MMA once Gus left to Fox, I know people have their issues with Gus(I don't), but he was much better, Ranallo sounds like an announcer in a bad movie. Other than that Bernstein has always been one of the best in the biz and Paulie has done well since moving in that role once Tarver sabotaged himself, although I don't understand why they moved Farhood to a limited role. What ever happened to Steve Albert?

Reaction Score
Lampley sucked in the Manny Bradley fight. But there's something about a big fight having Jim lampley on it.

Mauro is freaking horrible, Jim gray is freaking horrible. Bernard sucked last night.

If HBO was putting on these fights the ratings would be through the roof. Lopez Garcia's ratings were awesome even in the terrible undercard fight of Terrence Crawford.

Reaction Score
wow i thought i was the only one that think those guys are terrible! raunelo or whatever his name is just horrible! Broner is a big time talent but he is obnoxious,classless and immature. he really needs to grow up but his whole schtick is considered cool in the black community.:confused:

Reaction Score
Mauro was a mediocre MMA announcer that was probably under contract from the Showtime/Strikeforce days and since they probably have to pay him, they put him on. His best days are from the Pride FC days. He is just too over dramatic all the damn time. I think it was him that called Fedor, the Michael Jordan of MMA. Bernard wasn't good, and Zab Judah sounds punch drunk. I think Zab is coming close to where boxing is just not good for his health going forward.

Announcing team suckage aside, Showtime Boxing is taking HBO to the woodshed these days which is something I never thought possible. They are putting together the best fights, and have the undeniable number one pound for pound fighter under contract.

Reaction Score
You probably have no sense of how insulting that is. And dumb too. Who is this "black community" of which you speak?

Yeah, if he would have said hip hop culture, I would have understood. Broner's act, Mayweather's act, Diaz Brothers of MMA, the younger generations like that silly Bravado.

Reaction Score
Yeah, if he would have said hip hop culture, I would have understood. Broner's act, Mayweather's act, Diaz Brothers of MMA, the younger generations like that silly Bravado.

Hip Hop culture is from asia my bad.

Reaction Score
Please school me on what hip hop culture is because apparently it wasnt born in the inner cities of America.(which are predominantly black)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mauro was a mediocre MMA announcer that was probably under contract from the Showtime/Strikeforce days and since they probably have to pay him, they put him on. His best days are from the Pride FC days. He is just too over dramatic all the damn time. I think it was him that called Fedor, the Michael Jordan of MMA. Bernard wasn't good, and Zab Judah sounds punch drunk. I think Zab is coming close to where boxing is just not good for his health going forward.

Announcing team suckage aside, Showtime Boxing is taking HBO to the woodshed these days which is something I never thought possible. They are putting together the best fights, and have the undeniable number one pound for pound fighter under contract.

Showtime just outbid HBO - whether they can make it back or whether it buries 'em, I guess we'll see.

Mauro is awful. Awful, awful, awful.

Hopkins has a great boxing mind and might make a good analyst someday, but he ain't now. Judah...jesus, who thought that was a good idea? Malignaggi is pretty good, but in as much as he was fighting, I guess he was unavailable.

The biggest complaint I had was that the call never seemed to match the action. I have the same complaint, but to a lesser degree about Lampley. Sometimes I think Lampley calls what he wants to see, but with the Showtime crew, I almost wondered if they just had bad seats.

On Broner...good fighter, stupid kid. He's not very bright and that schtick with Jabba the Hut where dad brushes his hair is just beyond idiotic - I doubt any demo thinks that's appealing.

He needs to grow up.

Reaction Score
Please school me on what hip hop culture is because apparently it wasnt born in the inner cities of America.(which are predominantly black)

You said Broner is "obnoxious, classless and immature" and that black people think that's cool. If I actually have to explain to you what a ridiculous statement that is you're dumber than I thought.

Malignaggi's a good analyst. Mauro Ranallo is perfect for some sort of state-fair MMA event or pro wrestling.

Reaction Score
You said Broner is "obnoxious, classless and immature" and that black people think that's cool. If I actually have to explain to you what a ridiculous statement that is you're dumber than I thought.

What i see as obnoxious,classless and immature (Dad comb my hair,i took his girl,not respecting opponents,lame rhymes etc.) his fans which are predominantly black were cheering it up. at the sports bar i was at the black fans were cheering on his antics also. Broner is the poster child of todays hip hop culture. my point is he needs to grow up.

Reaction Score
What i see as obnoxious,classless and immature (Dad comb my hair,i took his girl,not respecting opponents,lame rhymes etc.) his fans which are predominantly black were cheering it up. at the sports bar i was at the black fans were cheering on his antics also. Broner is the poster child of todays hip hop culture. my point is he needs to grow up.

So what you're arguing is blacks are more likely to be obnoxious, classless, and immature than other races. I'm not sure how else we're supposed to interpret your comments.

Reaction Score
wow i thought i was the only one that think those guys are terrible! raunelo or whatever his name is just horrible! Broner is a big time talent but he is obnoxious,classless and immature. he really needs to grow up but his whole schtick is considered cool in the black community.:confused:
Glad to know we have a resident expert on what is cool in Black Community. Can you enlighten us about any other races and what they think is cool? I would love to read your thoughts! Is Birdman cool to the entire White Community?

Reaction Score
So what you're arguing is blacks are more likely to be obnoxious, classless, and immature than other races. I'm not sure how else we're supposed to interpret your comments.

No. You came to that conclusion which you are free to do so.

Reaction Score
Glad to know we have a resident expert on what is cool in Black Community. Can you enlighten us about any other races and what they think is cool? I would love to read your thoughts! Is Birdman cool to the entire White Community?

Your welcome but im no expert. Being part of the black community im in the know. Dont know about Birdmans coolness maybe you could give us an idea.

Reaction Score
Your welcome but im no expert. Being part of the black community im in the know. Dont know about Birdmans coolness maybe you could give us an idea.
Being a member of the Black Community I know one kid does not speak for all of us. AB's show will draw attention untl someone puts him on his ass. And that is.the great thing about boxing and MMA. Right now he understands his act is good for business just as a young Ali did...just as Money May weather does. People well always pay for the chance to see the jackass they hate get beat. That's all it is.

Reaction Score
AB is good friends with Mayweather. He has definitely picked up a few tricks to make him more appealing and to gain more money based on his antics. It is all a business move and thats what boxing is usually about.

Give me HBO anyday of the week over Showtime. Its not even close. Max Kellerman has no equal as a boxing analyst. He is hands down the best in the business.

Also HBO I am pretty sure has Gennady Golovkin (GGG) signed to their network. I am in the minority but I would take him pound for pound over any boxer in the world. He is fairly unknown and hasnt fought much in the US but he will be getting much more publicity this year and the coming years. He is the real deal and a very seasoned fighter. If anyone has a chance to watch him fight this Saturday at Foxwoods or on HBO you will be thoroughly impressed.

I would take him over Floyd and would love the odds Vegas would put out on that fight. Too bad a fight between the 2 will never happen since GGG would have to drop 2 classes, which he is willing to do, but as Floyd has done his entire career to preserve he legacy he will dodge any legitimate threat until they are past their prime.

Reaction Score
Golovkin is that good huh? I've seen Andrey Kovalev live and on tv, and I think he is the real deal. Ko power in both hands.

Reaction Score
GGG is that good. Has KO power in both hands and spars with heavyweights because sparring partners his size refuse to spar with him. He has great defense also and is always balanced and positioned to throw a punch at any time.

I am pretty sure he has never been knocked down, not knocked out but knocked down, in his entire amateur and professional career. That is well over 300 fights.

I've watched as many fights as I could of Golovkin and come away impressed every single time. You notice things he does and there really isn't anything he cant do and doesnt do well. His last fight wasnt all that impressive because he was working on a few things yet he still dominated the fight easily.

Reaction Score
GGG certainly looks the part but we still don't know. He has tremendous power in both hands but he doesn't move his head he gets hit a decent amount but his chin appears to be decent. Problem is his best win is what? Proksa? He hasn't fought anybody. I love GGG but best pound for pound is a stretch. GGG is like a 160 pound version of Mattysse.

Reaction Score
AB is good friends with Mayweather. He has definitely picked up a few tricks to make him more appealing and to gain more money based on his antics. It is all a business move and thats what boxing is usually about.

Give me HBO anyday of the week over Showtime. Its not even close. Max Kellerman has no equal as a boxing analyst. He is hands down the best in the business.

Also HBO I am pretty sure has Gennady Golovkin (GGG) signed to their network. I am in the minority but I would take him pound for pound over any boxer in the world. He is fairly unknown and hasnt fought much in the US but he will be getting much more publicity this year and the coming years. He is the real deal and a very seasoned fighter. If anyone has a chance to watch him fight this Saturday at Foxwoods or on HBO you will be thoroughly impressed.

I would take him over Floyd and would love the odds Vegas would put out on that fight. Too bad a fight between the 2 will never happen since GGG would have to drop 2 classes, which he is willing to do, but as Floyd has done his entire career to preserve he legacy he will dodge any legitimate threat until they are past their prime.

You don't know that, and Ward>>>GGG, I would love to see Ward fight him and chop down another Euro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom