OT: RIP Warren Witherell (Olde Coach) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: RIP Warren Witherell (Olde Coach)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
As a LV fan, I don't post here too much (I guess for obvious reasons), but I do remember reading Olde Coach's posts about footwear and their association with ACL injuries...posts I agreed with wholeheartedly. I am saddened to read about his passing and give my condolences to his family and the BY family.
Nice post. Whether we prefer orange or blue, we are all part of one family.

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
Wow... Sorry to hear the sad news. He was a great contributor with a lot of knowledge. R.I.P. Olde Coach - you will be missed.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
As a LV fan, I don't post here too much (I guess for obvious reasons), but I do remember reading Olde Coach's posts about footwear and their association with ACL injuries...posts I agreed with wholeheartedly. I am saddened to read about his passing and give my condolences to his family and the BY family.

I think that when it comes to appreciating Warren's gifts and how he represented the best humanity can offer, there's no LV fan, no UConn fan - there's just fan in the best sense of the word.

Reaction Score
I think that when it comes to appreciating Warren's gifts and how he represented the best humanity can offer, there's no LV fan, no UConn fan - there's just fan in the best sense of the word.

I toured Nike's campus a couple or three years ago during which I got to speak with the bigwigs in their basketball department. I asked a question directly based on that post I referred to about what Nike was planning to do in R&D with footwear to help girl's and women's basketball players. Didn't get an answer I liked (and didn't really expect one), but after the Q&A got a little one on one time with the head of that department. Olde Coach's post was what motivated me to research this issue (I had suspected that footwear may be a big cause along with other factors and one that could be fixed so easily) and I never forgot.

I had no idea his sphere of influence was so vast and wide. I've been kicking myself for not engaging more with him about women's basketball. I feel I would have learned oh-so-much from him. A silly rivalry kept me from doing it, and I don't intend on letting that rivalry keep me from engaging in the future.

I appreciate the opportunity to express my little memory of him and the kindness I've been shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom