OT- Rick Brunson Sr. | The Boneyard

OT- Rick Brunson Sr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for the kid, this is bound to have an impact on the schools currently recruiting him… I can see teams walking away to avoid the mess his dad has created.

Reaction Score
This actually has repercussions because Temple was trying to hire his father before this happened.
Brunson was considered a strong Temple lean because of his father's coaching offer. It is possible that Temple moves to the back of the pack if they don't hire him and that works for UConn. I'm sure the kid is embarrassed by this and gong to school in Philly (Villanova is also recruiting him) may no longer be option #1.
Don't like to hear about any criminal act related to college basketball but you can't change history so it is time for Ollie to make lemonade and sign him.

Reaction Score
I dont remember all the details, but if I remember this right UConn recruited Eric Brunson hard in 1991, along with Travis Best, and rather fortunately ended up with Ollie and Brian Fair.

Reaction Score
This is the classic ' Sins of the Father ' situation. I hope Jalen realizes this doesn't reflect on him at all , I hope that once all is said and done that there is truly a happy ending to the story.

Reaction Score
Many times teens rebel against the father. I know that as a fact. He just may break away and handle this without him, but with someone else.

Sorta reminds me of Jesus Shuttleswoth.

Reaction Score
I dont remember all the details, but if I remember this right UConn recruited Eric Brunson hard in 1991, along with Travis Best, and rather fortunately ended up with Ollie and Brian Fair.

Yep...everybody thought we'd end up with the 2 Mass. kids and instead we got the west coast guys.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
This is the classic ' Sins of the Father ' situation. I hope Jalen realizes this doesn't reflect on him at all , I hope that once all is said and done that there is truly a happy ending to the story.

Well the good news is if Jalen continues to work hard and comes to UConn this story can have a happy ending.

Reaction Score
Doesn't look like Rick Brunson or Jalen Brunson will be going to Temple now.

Former Temple star and Chicago Bull Rick Brunson was indicted Thursday morning on charges of attempted criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, aggravated battery and domestic battery stemming from his arrest last month following an encounter with a massage therapist, according to the Chicago Tribune. Consequently, the so-called package deal Temple planned to execute by hiring Brunson to gain a commitment from his son, Class of 2015 star Jalen Brunson, is now considered dead given the fact that Temple can't realistically be expected to make the hire under these circumstances.

"That's over now," an industry source told CBSSports.com. "Temple was going to do it, but they can't do it now. You can't hire a coach facing all of those charges."

Former Temple star Rick Brunson indicted for sexual assault

Reaction Score
Uconn recruiting experts:

Is UCONN a potential destination for Jalen? An all Jalen backcourt seems GREAT to me!

This kid is really really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman