OT: Richard Sherman Postgame | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Richard Sherman Postgame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
In my experience, guys like Richard Sherman who talk themselves up that much are usually very insecure. He's a hell of a corner, though. Best in the league. And like mau said, it was nice to see the biggest tool on the field in Harbaugh get sent home.

As far as Erin Andrews, I have no problem with her follow up. Sherman was screaming at her "DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT ME!!!" I don't blame her for being taken aback for a second.

Reaction Score
For me Sherman's acts of getting in the face of Crabtree and then the interview took away from the good play he made. I respect him less and his initial lunacy took away from the Football game which is what I was there for. Then when he was invited to the postgame table and almost a completely different person it further reduced my opinion of him to see someone would purposefully act in such an unsportsmanlike manner. Just play football. He taught most of the viewing public to ignore his posturing and attention seeking next time.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Ever seen any other elite athletes show up competition like this? On this stage? Tiger, serena,bron...? Totally classless behavior. he very well could be a lunatic, plenty of lunatics have college degrees.

There was this boxer once, in the 60's: converted his religion, changed his name, talked about race, dissed the military, pissed a lot people off . . .

Then again, that's a bar higher than the one aspired to by Sherman, who's just leveraging media exposure and getting us to join the mass salivation over fossil fuel and fast food consumption.

Reaction Score
For me Sherman's acts of getting in the face of Crabtree and then the interview took away from the good play he made. I respect him less and his initial lunacy took away from the Football game which is what I was there for. Then when he was invited to the postgame table and almost a completely different person it further reduced my opinion of him to see someone would purposefully act in such an unsportsmanlike manner. Just play football. He taught most of the viewing public to ignore his posturing and attention seeking next time.

If nothing else it talks to his passion right after the play/win vs. who he really may be so I'm not sure why you would want him still ranting at the post game table???Be mad at his Andrews rant but not for being who he is at the post game….he still wasn't shy about saying "I'm the best"…….

Reaction Score
There was this boxer once, in the 60's: converted his religion, changed his name, talked about race, dissed the military, pissed a lot people off . . .

Then again, that's a bar higher than the one aspired to by Sherman, who's just leveraging media exposure and getting us to join the mass salivation over fossil fuel and fast food consumption.
Ha. Still boxing isn't a team sport. Disparaging competition that soon after is strange, should be thinking about the effort your squad put up.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Hans Sprungfeld said:

Good point. We all know self promoting lock down corners get paid, "Revis Island" anyone. We should have recognized it for what it was right away.

It worked, because before that I'd never heard of him.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I also think Sherman sent a message to Demarius (sp?) Thomas. Got into his head.

Reaction Score
What a mouth. Fantastic role model for both kids and politicos. What's the spread that his head remains intact after the first play of next game?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
In this thread: 53 year old white guys from Connecticut sensibilities being tweaked.

Sherman is a , but I'd much rather see that fire and smack than the same answers we here every. single. game.

Reaction Score
In this thread: 53 year old white guys from Connecticut sensibilities being tweaked.

Sherman is a , but I'd much rather see that fire and smack than the same answers we here every. single. game.
"You know, Crabtree really is a great competitor but I just went out there and made a play." You mean that wouldn't have held your attention?

Reaction Score
Bolden, Crabtree, and Sherman are jerks. Brady and Manning are what should be on the news clips not a jerk like Sherman.

Reaction Score
I'm an angry person? Yup it wasn't clear at all that he was talking about Crabtree. I promise you I'm not angry about it but thanks for the bizarre observation.

You realize she works on TV, right? The goal of a television broadcast is not to have millions of people who may or may not know what Richard Sherman is talking about wink knowingly at one another. Her job is to get him to explain what he's talking about, so everyone who's watching on TV knows too. Pretty basic, day one stuff.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

I think you need a balance so we can identify that some guys are bozos and some have a good amount of class. Otherwise, you'd never appreciate what solid, humble human beings guys like Tom Brady and Jerry Rice are.

Reaction Score
I think you need a balance so we can identify that some guys are bozos and some have a good amount of class. Otherwise, you'd never appreciate what solid, humble human beings guys like Tom Brady and Jerry Rice are.
You mean the same Jerry Rice that was found hiding in a bathroom during a police raid of a massage parlor that was secretly a brothel? Or the Tom Brady that divorced his wife while she was pregnant with his kid?

Solid human beings there, for sure.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You mean the same Jerry Rice that was found hiding in a bathroom during a police raid of a massage parlor that was secretly a brothel? Or the Tom Brady that divorced his wife while she was pregnant with his kid?

Solid human beings there, for sure.

Lmao, I was thinking the same exact thing. I think our sarcasm meters may be broken, I have to imagine @huskypantz was making a joke...I think?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Lmao, I was thinking the same exact thing. I think our sarcasm meters may be broken, I have to imagine @huskypantz was making a joke...I think?
To be honest, no I did not recall the off-field escapades of the two......but I recall how they conducted themselves on the field.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what everyone expected from this interview.

It's not going to be all roses when you get a microphone shoved in your face a minute after a close, emotional game.

This isn't basketball. It's a downright physical game where you're expected to be on the verge of brutal without killing someone. If you want a nice post-game interview, do it 30 minutes after the game and interview a quarterback, coach or a kicker.

Reaction Score
To be honest, no I did not recall the off-field escapades of the two.but I recall how they conducted themselves on the field.

Those guys are not saints on the field either, how about Brady trying to take out Ed Reed with the slide and leg high kick to Reed's nuts, I have seen Brady pull a tantrum on the sideline, he has run down refs crying for a flag, but Brady is a golden boy saint so lets not bring that up.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To be honest, no I did not recall the off-field escapades of the two.but I recall how they conducted themselves on the field.

Fair enough. The " classy" post game comments most athletes give are just lip service anyways.

To your original point though, comparing a Russell Wilson to Sherman sure illustrates a difference in how guys conduct themselves.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. The " classy" post game comments most athletes give are just lip service anyways.

To your original point though, comparing a Russell Wilson to Sherman sure illustrates a difference in how guys conduct themselves.

different positions though, every guy has a different way to motivate themselves, some need to be low key, others need to hype themselves up and talk trash.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
different positions though, every guy has a different way to motivate themselves, some need to be low key, others need to hype themselves up and talk trash.

Agreed. I don't have a problem with Sherman. I don't necessarily like it, but it was entertaining and he's a professional he can do what he wants.

In a day in age where people say athletes just go through the motions and don't really care it's refreshing to see guys that are totally into it. ( not that you need to act like Sherman to prove you ' care')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom