OT: Poor Paul George | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Poor Paul George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I just can't think of any athlete who has suffered this injury that has come back to a level anywhere near where they were pre-injury.

Buster Posey won an MVP after nearly snapping his leg in half. Definitely more the exception than the rule.

I don't remember seeing that one and there is zero chance of me searching to find it. Between Ware, Anderson Silva and now George, that's three times in about 15 months that I've nearly involuntarily puked my guts out.

Reaction Score
It's amazing how in basketball and football people still can't protect the players from these types of things. It's 2014 people and you have millionaires playing on these courts. Back the B.S. up away from the college and pro basketball courts and football fields so that these players can at least have a safe landing. Is that to hard. We've had plenty of examples of players either hitting fans, photographers , people and objects on sidelines , etc. and getting injured. I'm sure they've had enough close calls with this type of basket support to change it years ago. The players can't really play at 100% if they can't jump and land certain places. It's pure stupidity .

Simple and easy. The players now jump higher and further - lets provide more room to land.
The players now run harder and faster - lets provide more room for them to stop.
What an absolute tragedy this is. PG was one of the rising superstars in the sport. It's almost criminal how close that stanchion was. I agree about the photographers and fans sitting too close to the court as well. These guys are top athletes capable of making hundreds of millions of dollars in their careers. It's not worth increasing the "fan experience" slightly by putting these guy's in blatant harm's way.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Paul George's xray....yikes:

image1-480x474.jpg

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
What an absolute tragedy this is. PG was one of the rising superstars in the sport. It's almost criminal how close that stanchion was. I agree about the photographers and fans sitting too close to the court as well. These guys are top athletes capable of making hundreds of millions of dollars in their careers. It's not worth increasing the "fan experience" slightly by putting these guy's in blatant harm's way.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
During the FF I kept thinking that it's going to take some kid getting seriously injured to end the raised-floor nonsense. Same here.

Exactly. I'm nervous watching teams play on the raised courts so you know it's gotta be in the back of the players minds.

Reaction Score
Horatio said:
Exactly. I'm nervous watching teams play on the raised courts so you know it's gotta be in the back of the players minds.

I think there's a fair argument to be made that it contributed to Ware's injury. Whether consciously or subconsciously, he probably was aware of the longer fall off the raised court and tried to stop his momentum on a dime when he landed. A normal court he might have allowed his momentum to take him into the bench area.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I hope he'll make as quick of a recovery as possible. That's a pretty terrible looking injury.

Reaction Score
Last night someone reported that the NBA refused to play another all star game @ Thomas Mack center after the last game because of the stanchion

Reaction Score
I have regretted clicking on some links in my life, but never as much as 10 seconds ago.

I am not a doctor, but I think Paul George's career is likely over. Maybe he can come back as a back to the basket big man, but he will never be the same.

I don't know how you prevent that. The stanchion was obviously too close to the court, but unfortunately, stuff just happens. Terrible to see that.

Bones have access to blood flow. That means they can heal. He'll be okay, but will certainly be out this entire season.

A badly torn ACL would have been worse.

Reaction Score
Adrian Peterson had a similarly gruesome injury, which was arguably worse, since he tore his ACL and MCL, and he responded with one of the best seasons of all-time nine months later. He's obviously the exception to the rule, but there's reason for hope.

As far as sickening leg injuries are concerned, I've seen enough of them that I'm pretty much immune at this point. The one I still grimace watching is the Napolean McCallum injury.

Reaction Score
Kid is young, in the best shape of his life. I would expect a good recovery, not sure to what extent, but recovery nonetheless.

It helps in any injury to be in great condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom