OT: Poor Paul George | The Boneyard

OT: Poor Paul George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Look how freaking close that basket stanchion is.

That's not normal.

Reaction Score
Look how freaking close that basket stanchion is.

That's not normal.
I'm surprised Colangelo, the coaches and players agreed to play on a court with the stanchions so close to the baseline. These guys jump so high and with so much force it just seems like an injury waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised Colangelo, the coaches and players agreed to play on a court with the stanchions so close to the baseline. These guys jump so high and with so much force it just seems like an injury waiting to happen.
I believe the basket support is closer due to FIBA rules. Idiotic rule.

Reaction Score
One of the reporters said he was told it was 2 feet 2 inches closer than where the basket support is for NBA games.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Just ridiculous for that to happen because of a stanchion being so close.

Reaction Score
That was gruesome… A commentator on ESPN said it wasn't a FIBA rule that had the stanchion placed that close to the court. It was associated with the arena design. You can bet that this will change immediately… Too late for Paul George, unfortunately...

Reaction Score
That was gruesome… A commentator on ESPN said it wasn't a FIBA rule that had the stanchion placed that close to the court. It was associated with the arena design. You can bet that this will change immediately… Too late for Paul George, unfortunately...

Isnt that always the case? Something gets done after the fact. smdh that was gruesome.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Get well soon George. But on a more positive not, drose looked amazing, almost gives me a more positive outlook on weather or not this will affect George's future

Reaction Score
Discretion: https://vine.co/v/MEVQKKQhFnV

I feel horrible for him as a person, but it's even more of a shame that he should be coming into his own as a bonafide star.

Kevin Love came under some criticism for turning down his invite to these tryouts. But there is always the chance something horrible like this could happen. Sorry, PG. Hope you come back better than ever, and thank you for representing our country.

Reaction Score
Get well soon George. But on a more positive not, drose looked amazing, almost gives me a more positive outlook on weather or not this will affect George's future
Every injury is different… You just don't how each individual will come back… I will say it will be a long road back for George & it's hard to believe that this injury won't cost him some speed and/or mobility...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have regretted clicking on some links in my life, but never as much as 10 seconds ago.

I am not a doctor, but I think Paul George's career is likely over. Maybe he can come back as a back to the basket big man, but he will never be the same.

I don't know how you prevent that. The stanchion was obviously too close to the court, but unfortunately, stuff just happens. Terrible to see that.

Reaction Score
I have regretted clicking on some links in my life, but never as much as 10 seconds ago.

I am not a doctor, but I think Paul George's career is likely over. Maybe he can come back as a back to the basket big man, but he will never be the same.

I don't know how you prevent that. The stanchion was obviously too close to the court, but unfortunately, stuff just happens. Terrible to see that.
I think you are overreacting a bit but I do agree that he probably will never be the same player. Whenever there is a grotesque injury like this I hear people saying it looks bad but he will be fine in 6 months or a year and may even come back stronger. I think it's very rare that an athlete has an injury like that and comes back as strong as before.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I just can't think of any athlete who has suffered this injury that has come back to a level anywhere near where they were pre-injury.

Reaction Score
Poor man's career is not going to be the same unless there is a medical (or otherwise) miracle. Lower leg shattered.

Reaction Score
holy schnikes... that's as bad as I've ever seen. I really hope he can come back. wow.

Reaction Score
I just can't think of any athlete who has suffered this injury that has come back to a level anywhere near where they were pre-injury.
Buster Posey won an MVP after nearly snapping his leg in half. Definitely more the exception than the rule.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
No knee or ankle problems thankfully. Will likely miss next season

Reaction Score
So this makes 2 games that Coach K has been a part of game where a player has had a horrific injury.

Come December we are all DOOMED!

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
It's amazing how in basketball and football people still can't protect the players from these types of things. It's 2014 people and you have millionaires playing on these courts. Back the B.S. up away from the college and pro basketball courts and football fields so that these players can at least have a safe landing. Is that to hard. We've had plenty of examples of players either hitting fans, photographers , people and objects on sidelines , etc. and getting injured. I'm sure they've had enough close calls with this type of basket support to change it years ago. The players can't really play at 100% if they can't jump and land certain places. It's pure stupidity .

Simple and easy. The players now jump higher and further - lets provide more room to land.
The players now run harder and faster - lets provide more room for them to stop.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
During the FF I kept thinking that it's going to take some kid getting seriously injured to end the raised-floor nonsense. Same here.

The NBA East just got even worse.

Regarding the injury, the problem isn't only with the bones - it's also with the nerves and blood vessels and soft tissue. It's hard to know exactly what was injured and how.

He may come back 100% or close to it. He may come back only a fraction of his former self. He may not come back. These things are impossible to know from where we sit.

I think I can say for all of us that he was a great baller and nobody had an issue with him and we all will say a prayer for his complete recovery and return to the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom