OT Photos of Least Visited National Parks | The Boneyard

OT Photos of Least Visited National Parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I've been to two, but see a lot that would be nice to visit.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting - I've been to 6 of them but it looks like I have some traveling plans to make :)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Crater Lake was fantastic -- second only to the Grand Canyon in taking your breath away at first look. Saw it on our Oregon lighthouse bus trip this past summer.

Would love to visit Carlesbad caverns - the problem is the site is in the middle of nowhere.

The other one I want to visit is Fort Jefferson (for a lighthouse, of course).

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Dry Tortugas is great for birding... and they've got a zippy boat that'll get you out there -- if you don't want to take the 12 hr. slog... :)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Dry Tortugas is great for birding... and they've got a zippy boat that'll get you out there -- if you don't want to take the 12 hr. slog... :)

12 hr slog? Are we talking about the same Dry Tortugas? I've been there a dozen times. It 2-4 hours by boat from Key West depending on your boat and the sea state. When I lived in Key West there was no commercial service to the fort. Great place for diving.

I've been to 5 of the places in the photos.

Reaction Score
Cheryl and I left Fort Myers on June 1st with the Winnebago and got back the 5th of October. Put over 14.5 k miles on it, not including what we put on the bike, and hit 11 national parks, finishing up with the Petrified forest the day before they were all closed during the shutdown. My favorite 2 were the Tetons and Glacier. Best bike ride of the trip was the 50 mile 'Road to the Sun' in Glacier. Highly recommended for anyone with the time---be sure to visit Glacier before they're all melted away. There are 25 glaciers left of the original over 150. This pic is the Tetons from August.
tetonssm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom