OT: Phone calls from, "unknown." | The Boneyard

OT: Phone calls from, "unknown."

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I am getting 1/2 dozen or more each day to my iPhone. No message left.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to block these calls ?

Reaction Score
I am getting 1/2 dozen or more each day to my iPhone. No message left.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to block these calls ?

For the past month I have been getting these calls at my direct line at work and even a few at home. They are phishing scams originating from call centers in India. If you actually speak to someone they either request credit card information or threaten you with legal action unless you wire them money. Unfortunately I have not found a way to block or stop these annoying calls. I have submitted a few requests to the FCC and phone provider with no response or improvement in the situation.

Reaction Score
been getting quite a few of them lately as well, one number originating from Peru, the other Cuba. I get at least 3 a day combined.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
The only way to block that stuff is if you have a jailbroken iPhone. There are a few options then.

Reaction Score
I monitored all my calls thru the message machine and caller ID so I don't answer unless I recognize the #. Now unknown only lets the phone ring 2 times and hangs up so they don't have to pay for the call. They have called twice in the last 4 minutes. Multiple times during the past week, so unable to talk to anyone, I am hoping they give up, although it really doesn't bother me.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Answer the phone. Sound incoherent. Tell them you're broke but would like to buy drugs. Ask them if they could lend you 15 thou. Make sure your boss is aware this is your scam to scammers. Hate to think what could happen to you if he happens to overhear the conversation and doesn't know you're doing this as a scam.

Alternative choices give them bank account numbers of defunct banks or closed accounts or accounts of people you hate or accounts of bank presidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom