OT: Pastry Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Pastry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A Panther huh? What years?

Tony's & Terry's wow.....actually greasy as hell but tasty no doubt. Centennial wasn't bad in it's day either over on your side....Village Barn, Shamrock for non-food related activity lol......Katz for my baseball stuff......

Played legion baseball and city league hoops (Cuno League at the Boys Club too) with many Platt kids who are good friends......long time ago!!
Graduated in 1978(yeah long time ago) So we probably know many mutual east and west siders.

Yeah the Barn was the place the night before the Stoddard Bowl. Centennial was real good grew up 2 minutes away from there.

I still hangout at Katz Sport Shop today( now in South Meriden).

Reaction Score
Graduated in 1978(yeah long time ago) So we probably know many mutual east and west siders.

Yeah the Barn was the place the night before the Stoddard Bowl. Centennial was real good grew up 2 minutes away from there.

I still hangout at Katz Sport Shop today( now in South Meriden).

Oh crap we know each other too well if you know Dave....I try to visit him regularly and used to play next to him at 3rd!! LOL......'77 Spartan.......Woody, Monty, Johnny Maracantonio, Merc, D Salafia....way to many

Reaction Score
Oh crap we know each other too well if you know Dave....I try to visit him regularly and used to play next to him at 3rd!! LOL......'77 Spartan.......Woody, Monty, Johnny Maracantonio, Merc, D Salafia....way to many
Know them all !!!!

Did you play for Katz Sort Shop in the Twilight league ?

Reaction Score
Know them all !!!!

Did you play for Katz Sort Shop in the Twilight league ?

I played for Aresco in the Meriden Twi League, Katz on weekends then Katz when we joined the Greater HartfordTwi League and won it all our first year!!

Did you play with any of those guys at all??

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Boy do I love old Meriden talk. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
Boy do I love old Meriden talk. Good stuff.

It's not the same although my mom, brother and sister are all still there. But yeah nice to remember the good ole days!!!:).......actually just got my Meriden Boys club alumni dinner invite today in the mail.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Has anyone been to Brooklyn Bakery in Waterbury?

J

JustHusky

I'm really falling in love with this new dunkin donuts place, the indians always perk me up.

Reaction Score
A Panther huh? What years?

Tony's & Terry's wow.....actually greasy as hell but tasty no doubt. Centennial wasn't bad in it's day either over on your side....Village Barn, Shamrock for non-food related activity lol......Katz for my baseball stuff......

Played legion baseball and city league hoops (Cuno League at the Boys Club too) with many Platt kids who are good friends......long time ago!!

Do you guys remember the arcade in the centennial plaza? I think it was there when Kings was the main store there, evetually replaced by rail road salvage.

How about the play pen store in the old bk plaza.

Reaction Score
Do you guys remember the arcade in the centennial plaza? I think it was there when Kings was the main store there, evetually replaced by rail road salvage.

How about the play pen store in the old bk plaza.

Play pen store absolutely and kind of remember the arcade.....wasn't there a Kings and a Grand Union there?

Reaction Score
Has anyone been to Brooklyn Bakery in Waterbury?
Often, check for times (they close early some days). Still have the best jelly donuts, powdered or not. And great bread, best brown bread I have ever had.
for the Mozzicato fans, don't forget they also are in Plainville, just past J.Timothys.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Coffee An' in Westport has the best (I think I've got it down now, non-pastry) donuts. Been featured on MSN's top 10 donut shops.

Just because it's Mardi Gras, if anyone is interested, I found a little bakery last year in New Orleans called Sucre that has what is reputed to be the best Kings Cake in New Orleans. You can order online and they will overnight ship for a reasonable amount. I ordered 2 and it is delicious - "there's a little Jesus in every bite"!

http://www.shopsucre.com/sucre-king-cake.html

Reaction Score
There used to to be a great bakery (a while ago). Still there?

Reaction Score
Does anyone remember a bakery called "Emily's" in Westbrook. My family vacationed there a couple weeks every summer and they used to sell out of their honey dipped and jelly donuts really early if you didn't get there in time.

Reaction Score
ie, in Colechester
Colchester Bakery is still there, but they are under new management . I'm told the Russion rye is still fantastic though, I'm just not a fan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We need TexanMark to weigh in. As our resident Syracuse fan, he surely is an expert on cream puffs.

Reaction Score
Often, check for times (they close early some days). Still have the best jelly donuts, powdered or not. And great bread, best brown bread I have ever had.
for the Mozzicato fans, don't forget they also are in Plainville, just past J.Timothys.

Brooklyn Bakery in Waterbury has been open since at least the 1930's....fantastic pumpernickel, rye & Lithuanian dark bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom