OT: Our bench has got to step it up. | The Boneyard

OT: Our bench has got to step it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I thought a few years ago they instituted some new guidelines on bench decorum that would put those "reactions" as unacceptable? Am I remembering things incorrectly?

Reaction Score
Ah, way over the top for my tastes, just give me some normal enthusiasm, just like the UCONN ladies have done ever so nicely all season long. :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I thought it was great. Reminds me of the ASU "Curtain of Distraction". Some very clever stuff by those kids. Enjoyed the "Katniss Everdeen" and the "Resuscitation" ones! LOL

Reaction Score
Ah, way over the top for my tastes, just give me some normal enthusiasm, just like the UCONN ladies have done ever so nicely all season long. :D
Agree, a bunch of fools trying to get attention.

Reaction Score
How big would the doghouse be if someone from UCONN ever tried anything like that?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Teammates are a "bunch of fools"? You need to develop some respect for college athletes.
I tend to agree. Why are some so judgmental of some bench players having fun? If the coaches have no issue with it, why should we? If it makes for better team chemistry and camaraderie, what's the harm?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I tend to agree. Why are some so judgmental of some bench players having fun? If the coaches have no issue with it, why should we? If it makes for better team chemistry and camaraderie, what's the harm?

I saw a piece on CBS Evening News just last night on Monmouth's bench and the producers interviewed the two main "inventors" of the Monmouth routines and the guys said the routines were all intended as fun, but it was also in support of their teammates. And Coach King Rice was entirely supportive of it, saying he wants all his kids to have "fun."

As a former player who spent stretches of time both on the field and on the bench, I can appreciate it from both sides of the white lines. And, as a longtime coach, these guys put the effort in practice, and during games they're being supportive, engaged and having fun. Just as long as it does not distract from the playing of the game, why not?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think this would be a great idea.
We should also recruit family members to start elaborate celebrations like Kansas.

Of course the Flava Flav clock will be mandatory!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think the Monmouth bench baloney kept them out of the Big Dance.

Reaction Score
The world we inhabit is, in a multitude of ways., indescribably ugly. Why, when it comes to sports and entertainment, must we take ourselves so damned seriously? I think these bench shenanigans are great fun and great for much-needed laughs. No complaints about lack of propriety from me!

Reaction Score
The UConn bench already has its own form of antics. Just about every year in early April, they mess up Geno's hair, carry him to mid-court, and then begin some very odd thing of cutting down the nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom