OT: Open and Tiger | The Boneyard

OT: Open and Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another poor Saturday for Tiger, his weekend's at majors have been awful. Even if he ends up 1-2 back after today I don't think he has a chance. Never won if wasn't leading. His game is a grind, he can't shoot a 68. He needs the field to come to him. I could see another 69 from Mahan tomorrow too.

Like to see Westie, good guy and seems to be the year of the Brit.

Reaction Score
Another poor Saturday for Tiger, his weekend's at majors have been awful. Even if he ends up 1-2 back after today I don't think he has a chance. Never won if wasn't leading. His game is a grind, he can't shoot a 68. He needs the field to come to him. I could see another 69 from Mahan tomorrow too.

Wow what are you smoking? "another poor performance"? He shot 1 over on a course where pro's are shooting in the 80's and only 12 guys played under par today.....he's very much in the hunt and it's anyone's game on this crazy track tomorrow..........love the haters, so funny!!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
seriously, he's been playing the back 9 better than anyone all week, and if not for 17 today he'd be tied for the lead/one shot back

Reaction Score
Are you trolling? He's tied for second. I saw your post and figured he faded - but the opposite happened. He was part of a thick cluster at the top after two rounds and is now part of a thin cluster.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
LOL @ the Tiger hater.

This course has played impossibly hard. He hit two bad shots all day. The one on 17 cost him.

Hope he does the one thing that he hasn't accomplished and comes from behind tomorrow to win a major. Then everyone can shut up and stop hating on him (similarly to Lebron finally winning a title and now two).

He's one of the best athletes of our generation (regardless of how you feel about him or the sport of golf) and should be appreciated. The hate on him is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
The year of the Brit cracks me up. I get that Scotland is a part of Great Britain but English people claiming Andy Murray as their own is kind of pathetic, he is a Scotsman.

Reaction Score
The funny thing is "his game is a grind"........everyone's game is a grind on this course, there's only 3 players under par!! If it turns into a complete grind tomorrow and the R & A make the hole locations impossible or mow them down to the dirt, then I really like his chances to "grind" one out!!

Reaction Score
Hey genius

He was 1 over. Saturday is moving day. He's never won not leading after 54. He can't score, his last 3 holes are perfect examples. Makable putt on 16 and misses, Lee holes
tough bogey putt. 17 plays poor 2nd and of course can't make a tough par putt and then misses another makable birdie on 18. His whole round is nothing more than hoping other guys blow up. Someone will shoot 69 tomorrow and Tiger can't go lower than 70.

He can't go low in majors any longer. He doesn't birdie 5s like he used to and he doesn't putt well enough to make enough birdies. I said before I didn't think he could win more than 1-2 majors and wouldn't be surprised if it's 0.

The funny thing is "his game is a grind"........everyone's game is a grind on this course, there's only 3 players under par!! If it turns into a complete grind tomorrow and the R & A make the hole locations impossible or mow them down to the dirt, then I really like his chances to "grind" one out!!

Reaction Score
Hey genius

He was 1 over. Saturday is moving day. He's never won not leading after 54. He can't score, his last 3 holes are perfect examples. Makable putt on 16 and misses, Lee holes
tough bogey putt. 17 plays poor 2nd and of course can't make a tough par putt and then misses another makable birdie on 18. His whole round is nothing more than hoping other guys blow up. Someone will shoot 69 tomorrow and Tiger can't go lower than 70.

He can't go low in majors any longer. He doesn't birdie 5s like he used to and he doesn't putt well enough to make enough birdies. I said before I didn't think he could win more than 1-2 majors and wouldn't be surprised if it's 0.

You definitely seem to have the appropriate amount of anger about this.

Reaction Score
Moving day means moving up or down the leaderboard. Tiger is in much better shape now than he was after round two since the top of the leaderboard thinned out (only four players within three shots of lead). Ergo, moving day was successful. Golfers also like to say that you can't win a major on Saturday, but you can lose one, so mission accomplished.

I don't particularly like Tiger - or LeBron - but some of the mental gymnastics people use to hold things against them crack me up. That 54-hole thing would be like holding it against Jordan that he didn't have a signature Game 7 (he usually finished things off before then).

Reaction Score
The idea that Tiger won't win another major is ludicrous.

My prediction, once he wins one...he'll run off quite a few.

Reaction Score
Hey genius

Tiger must be doomed for the rest of his career if you say so. Just incase you haven't figured it out yet everything you said about today's round for Tiger was inaccurate so let's see how Sunday works out for you! By the way there's a lot of people "blowing up" as you say and he wasn't one of them......now try to reply while making sense genius!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

5 players out of 84 shot in the 60s. All of them at least an hour in front of Tiger. The leaders are playing later when the course is drier and harder where it's almost impossible to predict what the ball is going to do when it hits and releases. The twosome that went out last fell a little behind and the worsening conditions made them pay. They were 3 and 6 over for the day. Westwood played the best round in the tougher conditions than anyone else. Tiger was next.

Mahan shot a 68 but went out an hour and 45 minutes earlier than the last group. Westwood was the only player in the last 6 groups to score in the red.

Whoever shoots 1 under in the final four groups tomorrow wins. Phil has a decent shot at two over, 5 back, going out 40 minutes earlier than the leaders. I wouldn't count Garcia out either.

Reaction Score
5 players out of 84 shot in the 60s. All of them at least an hour in front of Tiger. The leaders are playing later when the course is drier and harder where it's almost impossible to predict what the ball is going to do when it hits and releases. The twosome that went out last fell a little behind and the worsening conditions made them pay. They were 3 and 6 over for the day. Westwood played the best round in the tougher conditions than anyone else. Tiger was next.

Mahan shot a 68 but went out an hour and 45 minutes earlier than the last group. Westwood was the only player in the last 6 groups to score in the red.

Whoever shoots 1 under in the final four groups tomorrow wins. Phil has a decent shot at two over, 5 back, going out 40 minutes earlier than the leaders. I wouldn't count Garcia out either.
The winner will shoot even par for the tourney.
If you thought today was a grind wait until tomorrow.
No one in the last. 2 groups break par.
I would love Mahan to get redemption for the Riders cup a few years back. The only way Phil wins is if he is -3 on the front than holds on. I don't think that's doable.
A par number in the clubhouse will tighten the noose in incredibly bad conditions.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The winner will shoot even par for the tourney.
If you thought today was a grind wait until tomorrow.
No one in the last. 2 groups break par.
I would love Mahan to get redemption for the Riders cup a few years back. The only way Phil wins is if he is -3 on the front than holds on. I don't think that's doable.
A par number in the clubhouse will tighten the noose in incredibly bad conditions.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think we're saying essentially the same thing. If they go with brutal pin placements tomorrow, even wins it, if that. If they are go with more accessible pins, it could be 1 or 2 under. If Phil goes 3 under leaving a little earlier, it's his - but he'll more than likely blow up on the back nine trying to do things he doesn't have to. Likewise, Westwood probably blows up and shoots 75 or 76. If he doesn't and shoots 71 or 72, he wins.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I guess I've been all over the map on this - but here's what I think: 50% chance Tiger wins. 30% chance Westwood. 15% chance Phil and 5% someone else.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just saw an interesting stat. Five of the six winners at Muirfield had won at least two majors before winning there.

I'm still going with Westwood, Stenson or Cabrera. Love the Argentinian.

Reaction Score
When did Tiger become a bad version of Lee Janzen? 2 over thru 4

Tired of the Tiger BS, he can't go low

Reaction Score
Tiger needs to stop wearing red on Sundays @ majors. He can at the Quad City or Honda Classic, but not majors.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Poulter can get in the clubhouse at Even or -1, he's gotta feel good.

Reaction Score
Haha, compliment from you imbecile. Go back to posting about great CT restaurants that are in MA, NY or Florida. Genius.

How come I knew if I checked on the BY that you would show up early.......you're a real idiot!! Congrats on being one of the best though!

Reaction Score
Shocker Tiger misses short putt on 8 and Westwood makes long save.

Tiger is irrelevant on weekends at majors, he should have skipped this to place the Quad Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom