OT: Olde Coach....serious medical issue | The Boneyard

OT: Olde Coach....serious medical issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I got a phone call last night from our one seed poster Olde Coach....aka...Warren Witherell.
He gave me permission to pass on some scary news regarding his health. About 10 days ago he had an eruption of a bleeding ulcer...wound up in the hospital in Middlebury, Vt [where he lives] and then was transferred to the University of Vermont hospital in Burlington. He has had a couple of surgeries and says he is now doing better. He will be in that hospital for a few days....maybe to the end of the week...and then will go to a rehab center.

His voice sounded fine....it does seem that he is on the right track to full recovery. Please think good thoughts about Warren. He gave me his specific phone number in the hospital....802-847-9016.
Again....he will only be there for a few more days. I plan to contact him midweek and get the details of his move to the rehab center.

BTW: did he mention our beloved team in our conversation? No need to even ask. Despite everything, of course he did! No surprise there.

We need Olde Coach offering his usual brand of elegant wisdom here pronto.
He does NOT have computer access in his current location.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
God Bless you OC. Get well soon.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Hang tough! Best wishes.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Just talked indirectly to OC as he was doing therapy. I suggested to him that this therapy should involve copious amounts of whale blubber as that always settles my stomach.

Blessings, OC.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting - hurry back to us. We need all the intelligent posters we can get. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Reaction Score
COACH: sorry to hear of this, but the progress sounds great. Just said a prayer for you...and for the folks at the Navy Yard, our police, and our troops. Stay well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He does NOT have computer access in his current location.
That right there should help him speed up his recovery......assuming the rehab has computer access. Thoughts and prayers out to Olde Coach. Get feeling better quickly. The season will upon us before you know it.

Reaction Score
Blessings on you for a speedy recovery, Olde Coach. I look forward to more of your insightful posts.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Will be back up in Vermont by the end of the week, anything I can do…

Reaction Score
We are lucky to have great people on this board that truly care about one another. Full Blessings to OC and a Speedy recovery. You are in my daily prayers..

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Warren at the UConn-Colorado game in Fort Collins. (2004?) He is quite the distinguished gentleman, and I am very glad to have met him. The Strothers invited visiting UConn fans over to their house after the game, and I know Warren was thrilled to have a chance to meet with them, and talk to Ann. We could not ask for a better ambassador for the boneyard.

Who knows, maybe Geno has even heeded OC's advice about properly fitting basketball shoes.

Get well soon, Big Guy. The Ski team needs you.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
We need all the any intelligent posters we can get. Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

I just spoke with Warren and drew on my considerable experience in hospitals and rehab facilities -- gave him my best advice: Get all the sleep you can, when you can, cuz the staff will awaken you for something or other every time you doze off!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear the news, hope you are well soon!

Reaction Score
Get well soon, OC. You live in a beautiful part of the country, especially during the next couple of months. Fall is my favorite season and if I were rehabbing from an illness, I wouldn't mind being in the beautiful state of Vermont.

I miss reading your eloquent and insightful posts.

Please take very good care of yourself. Blessings. Blessings and more Blessings.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best wishes, OC. We need you back and in shape a.s.a.p.

T

TroyHouse66

Paola!... Coach
Heal well, Akamai Kapuna.
Our best wishes and prayers are with you.

[But don't do no blubbering, Brah.
Be eating plenty poi... poi & lots Ahi poke.
You be ho'oponopono*, soon.]

*physical & spiritual balance

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good poster and nice guy. Thoughts and prayers to you OC.

Reaction Score
So sorry you are sick. Get well soon. Praying for a quick and complete recovery.

Reaction Score
Sorry to read the health report concerning O.C. I always valued his basketball input on the Boneyard. He is in our prayers for a full recovery!

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I always love to read posts from OC. Please get better fast; we need you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom