OT Olbermann back on ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Olbermann back on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't blame so much for that. Everyone complains about how dishonest and phony the media is. Upsetting the media establishment at ESPN and cable news orgs doesn't bother me at all. I think it's probably necessary.

At his best, KO brought a certain honesty that really stood out. Whether you agreed with him or not he used verifiable facts instead of the media shtick that was everywhere else.

I could see how that would piss off a lot of people in the business. I assume he gets board with dealing with it then goes full wacko on air and behind the scenes.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

honesty? facts? we'll just have to agree to disagree

hope he regains his former ESPN persona, otherwise this gig will be short lived

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't get what you're saying. Olberman doesn't burn bridges because he takes on the "media establishment" or otherwise exposes their phoniness and dishonesty. He burns bridges because he's a preening, arrogant, self-centered jackass with an entirely inflated opinion of his own intelligence, and people just generally don't like working with him. I'm sure he'd be the same way if he worked at Costco. And I say that as someone who enjoyed Countdown from time to time.

Until he decided it was his mission to take down the W administration, he said on air what other media people were saying off air but were afraid of rocking the boat. Once he became a full time hype and propaganda machine he was unwatchable. Before that he routinely cited nonpartisan sources for his conclusions.

honesty? facts? we'll just have to agree to disagree

hope he regains his former ESPN persona, otherwise this gig will be short lived

His rebellious persona is what initially set him and Patrick apart and made them stars at ESPN in the first place.

Everyone loves a rebel until they can no longer be controlled. Innovators rarely follow the company line. Whatever else you may think of him. He was an innovator in his field.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baller29