OT: OKC Coaching Search | The Boneyard

OT: OKC Coaching Search

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Feels good to put the OT on this one. Depending on who they hire, this could set off another set of dominos in college basketball.

Reaction Score
Agreed TCF. If Donovan goes to OKC a lot of people want us to get involved with Devin Robinson, but I'm more interested in Brandone Francis.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i've heard Tibs, Donovan, Hoiberg, and many other high profile assistant coaches

caw

Reaction Score
So another Gator is transferring. Eli Carter - 5th year guy immediately eligible I believe. Was at Rutgers as a freshman/sophomore. Not really the shooter UConn needs but this is the third guy to leave that probably should stay (Frazier, Walker, Carter). Of course rumor is Walker wasn't welcome back.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So another Gator is transferring. Eli Carter - 5th year guy immediately eligible I believe. Was at Rutgers as a freshman/sophomore. Not really the shooter UConn needs but this is the third guy to leave that probably should stay (Frazier, Walker, Carter). Of course rumor is Walker wasn't welcome back.
What did he do to get kicked out?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
That's a little ironic, since in his early days at Florida, he was best known for being a dominant recruiter.

And yet given the way the recruiting landscape has changed since then, I don't blame him. On the list of things that scare me about Ollie potentially leaving one day, recruiting is number one.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
QUOTE="CallMeBruce, post: 1311714, member: 4984"]That's a little ironic, since in his early days at Florida, he was best known for being a dominant recruiter.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how any of them do it. Constantly, glad handing 16 years olds, their parents, their coaches. Constantly, being scrutinized by NCAA investigators, fans, media. Constantly, being rejected by recruits, criticized for losing when you are not in control of your roster.

Reaction Score
I remember Donovan being a dominant recruiter too, didn't Bobby Knight single him out as a cheater early on?

Re: us - I worry our assistants don't do enough of the heavy lifting and could push KO out earlier than he intends. (BTW, I am in camp he will be here a while). Has Ricky Moore even been mentioned with many recruits? Hope he attacks recruiting the way he did working hard as a player and becoming a dominant defender.

Reaction Score
I remember Donovan being a dominant recruiter too, didn't Bobby Knight single him out as a cheater early on?

Re: us - I worry our assistants don't do enough of the heavy lifting and could push KO out earlier than he intends. (BTW, I am in camp he will be here a while). Has Ricky Moore even been mentioned with many recruits? Hope he attacks recruiting the way he did working hard as a player and becoming a dominant defender.
Gilbert has mentioned Ricky Moore a couple of times - but that's the first time in a while I've seen a recruit talk about any of our assistants.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Maybe they dont want hollins' casual demeanor? I'm rooting for donovan though. I think he's less stubborn than brooks, thats a good step

caw

Reaction Score
Wonder if Lamb will get any tick under the new coach.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Former Stanford and Cal coach Mike Montgomery sure did. His remarks about Donovan were so caustic he was forced to issue a public apology afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom