OT O'Brien starter for Wisc. at QB | The Boneyard

OT O'Brien starter for Wisc. at QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't remember where he went but shows he must have some skills to go in and win job. I think this is second straight year Wisc. is starting a transfer, but O'brien has two years to play there. Whatever the problems were with him and Maryland, it seems like there is some ability there and at least the Wisc. coach thinks he can get O'brien to "buy in" enough to lead a pre season #12 ranked team. I guess when in comes to "buying in", not all "ins" are created equal.

His career td/int was 29/18 and had some rough spots last year. Uconn isn't the only BCS school that has a transfer QB to start and hopes that he can improve on his td/int rate.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
u think he can do well there. i wanted him and a few others this offseason but overall the staff did a good job and got what they could. i still say the biggest transfer we needed to get was dill and it didn't happen. i like phillips and graham tho and think they will be great players. think about all the guys we expressed interest in, it was a wild but fun off season!

Reaction Score
Losing out in Dill hurt. I thought UCONN was a no brainer, we made his final 2 out of high school. He would really solidify the O Line, IMO.

O'Brien played poorly last year with some truly, WTF INT's. I was also disappointed in his leadership skills. Instead of working on getting better after his poor start, he worked on being a distraction in the locker room.

Reaction Score
And down in Jersey.....Nova named starter over Dodd.
I think he's the right choice for RU... Always thought he had better command of their offense when he was in than Dodd, although Dodd, even though he's kinda smallish at QB, has a BIG arm.... The RU game is gonna be a war for us....

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
in week 1 when we play umass, were going to see a rb transfer from michigan. he considered uconn before going to umass btw.

Reaction Score
I think he's the right choice for RU... Always thought he had better command of their offense when he was in than Dodd, although Dodd, even though he's kinda smallish at QB, has a BIG arm.... The RU game is gonna be a war for us....

I agree. I was hoping they'd go with Dodd. Nova has a better arm and mobility. Much higher upside than Dodd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom