OT Notre Dame | The Boneyard

OT Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone else enjoying watching notre dame play the ball movement is fantastic they'll probably get crushed by Kentucky but they put on a hell of a show tonight. Hopefully we can emulate some of the ball movement next year.

caw

Reaction Score
Anyone else enjoying watching notre dame play the ball movement is fantastic they'll probably get crushed by Kentucky but they put on a hell of a show tonight. Hopefully we can emulate some of the ball movement next year.

First time I can remember that they aren't choking.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I'm praying Xavier wins it all.

They're the only team left I don't have a UCONN related reason to hate.

Reaction Score
Notre dame (this year) plays the way I imagine a geno coached men's team would play. I never ever ever thought I'd say that about a Mike brey coached team. Tell me how I'm wrong...seriously please tell me I'm crazy. But the ball movement the defensive discipline the extra passes it all reminds me of UConn women.

caw

Reaction Score
I'm praying Xavier wins it all.

They're the only team left I don't have a UCONN related reason to hate.

Wisconsin? Utah? Gonzaga? I'm not saying there aren't reasons to hate them, just not sure what they are.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Wisconsin? Utah? Gonzaga? I'm not saying there aren't reasons to hate them, just not sure what they are.

Diamond Stone battle, I hate Karl Malone and Donyell played with him in Utah, I hated Gonzaga before we beat them in 1999 and for some reason haven't found a good reason to release that hatred.

Reaction Score

No it made me want to throw up f Notre Dame

Reaction Score
I think its safe to say its UK-ND in the elite 8.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Diamond Stone battle, I hate Karl Malone and Donyell played with him in Utah, I hated Gonzaga before we beat them in 1999 and for some reason haven't found a good reason to release that hatred.

I bear no ill will towards Wisconsin, they have every right to try to recruit a top in-state player in their state. It's not Bo Ryan's fault he wants a good player on his team. It's like any school that we beat for Drummond hating us for that reason.

caw

Reaction Score

But it's not the Jazz, lol. I love it though.

Reaction Score
I don't expect them to win, but it will be nice to see UK go up against a team with an offense and skilled players, don't really see that in the SEC and Cincy and WVU definitely don't have that.

Reaction Score
I said it in other threads that I picked notre dame to win it all and I hate them. I just think they have what it takes this. Year

Reaction Score
I said it in other threads that I picked notre dame to win it all and I hate them. I just think they have what it takes this. Year

Predictions like that are the kiss of death, I would welcome anyone to beat Uk don't get me wrong but I won't get my hopes up.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don't expect them to win, but it will be nice to see UK go up against a team with an offense and skilled players, don't really see that in the SEC and Cincy and WVU definitely don't have that.

Brey might have to bring back the "burn" offense to win.

Reaction Score
Brey might have to bring back the "burn" offense to win.
Nah, spread them out and keep trying to do what they've been doing. No need to put shackles on a backcourt as talented as Grant and Jackson.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I bear no ill will towards Wisconsin, they have every right to try to recruit a top in-state player in their state. It's not Bo Ryan's fault he wants a good player on his team. It's like any school that we beat for Drummond hating us for that reason.

You may have taken my post a bit too seriously. I'm actually a University of Wisconsin fan. High level academics and athletics, just like UCONN. The only difference is our lack of a P5 conference and decades of tradition and alumni contributions. Those are biggies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Brey's teams always moved the ball and shot well. It's defense that has been a problem for them. Wichita missed a lot of open shots tonight. Kentucky will shoot 60% from the field against them.

Reaction Score
The best offense they have played is UNC's (KenPom 11) in December.

Notre Dame is 3

Wisconsin (1)/Arizona (7) would be their Final Four

Duke (2)/Gonzaga (4) might be their title game.

Those are all teams that can take out Kentucky, but the weaker defensive teams (all but Zona) will need to have incredible offensive games to really have a chance.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Its amazing what a senior/junior laden team without super stars can do
But thats the way it is in the NCAA Mens BB arena
UConn women can afford all that because they have the stars, they hang around 4 years to work in the system and Geno makes them play that way.

Reaction Score
Luck of the Irish is their only hope. Having said that Pat Connaughton's leadership, maturity & BBIQ may dwarf every Kentucky player x10. They have great guards. How they ever neutralize Kentucky on the interior would take a Wooden like coaching performance from Brey and more than an inspired effort from ND's "bigs" (or big). The game is in Cleveland so we may have close to a 60/40 split in Kentucky's favor. I still think Wisky may be the team to beat them in INDY (if they survive Zona).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom