OT - New Jonathan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - New Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...and the makeover seems complete

1186162483.jpg

seems like he might have the traditional lazy eye.

Reaction Score
L

O

L

They tried to change the fight song once (meaning someone wrote a new one). The band plays it, but it'll never replace the current fight song...well, as long as Dr. Mills leads the band.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
seems like he might have the traditional lazy eye.
In the other photo one could construe it as a wondering eye.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
At what point does this Jonathon change colors?
Over the course of the season. Have you seen the costume late in the year? I think they dry clean the suit just before the conference tournament. It looks awfully grungy in late February. ;)

Reaction Score
Not at all. This picture says it all. Those two animals are not focused on the triviality of color and demeanor. It might destroy economies, but the world would be a better place if humanity wasn't so focused on superficial perceptions.
You sound like my wife. Nuff said.

Reaction Score
"Bologna said the dog’s coat coloring was not a factor; the only requirement was that the dog have a good temperament"

I'm sure they started looking for the different colored husky before looking at anything else. It was one of the last pieces to finish the change.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The bright side to all this being that Huskies will never become politically incorrect so that we have to rename ourselves after a stupid color like some loser schools. I like the new logo. I like the new Jonathan. Let's rock.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I like the original video, couldn't use it after the old guy walked into the shot though.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like the original video, could use it after the old guy walked into the shot though.

you should do a video where our new Jonathan walks up to the camera, squats, and sheets eagles, orange and panther bits. Put that baby up on the videoboard at every game.

Reaction Score
Erm, that's completely and utterly wrong.

The "other" fight song the band plays actually PREDATES the current fight song. It's a re-arrangement of the original fight song from the 30's.

http://www.uconn.edu/history/yesteryear/archives/athletics/fightsong.php

That's not the one I'm talking about. I'm actually quite familiar with the UConn songbook which has "The Husky Fight Song"...to which you're referring to (being a music major and all.) I'm talking about "Fight on Connecticut" which I believe was written in the 80s as a replacement for UConn Husky, the current fight song. UConn now plays it at every pregame.

(A version I played in!)

Anyway "Fight On Connecticut" is listed on the UCMB's webpage as one of the fight songs and it is also listed on the UConn Wikipedia page. And if you still doubt me, I'm sure you wouldn't be afraid to email Dr. Mills now, would you?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not a dog expert by any stretch, but the idea that the color was a coincidence or not a factor is bunk.

They said they picked the litter ahead of time before selected the most well adjusted pup. Unless mom or dad was a white coated dog, the coloring was fairly predetermined at that point.

Nike sold them clip art. That's all there is to say.

Reaction Score
Not a dog expert by any stretch, but the idea that the color was a coincidence or not a factor is bunk.

They said they picked the litter ahead of time before selected the most well adjusted pup. Unless mom or dad was a white coated dog, the coloring was fairly predetermined at that point.

I read that the mom was all white.

Reaction Score

yes, some AWESOME clip art!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc