OT: Nerlens Noel | The Boneyard

OT: Nerlens Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sixers are shutting him down for the year. Just going for broke on the riggin' for Wiggins.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
if wiggins is as good as everyone says, i can't blame them. but just watch wiggins be like drummond and "struggle" in college, then go to a team later and dominate.

Reaction Score
I coach in the KC area and have been to several closed KU practices. Wiggins is the real deal, however, he is very shy and timid. Reminds me a lot of Rudy Gay. I think Wayne Selden will lead the team in scoring.

Reaction Score
Personality reminds me derrick rose. I wonder when other teams will throw in the towel. Countdown begins for the jazz,suns(they already are, just need to unload gortat),celts, and magic. A couple contenders could rise if they move expirings for picks.

Reaction Score
This is a deep and talented draft . Lots of tanking maneuvering will go on

Reaction Score
The Sixers would be bad with or without Noel so I don't get the "tanking" viewpoint. If Noel was healthy I don't see him making all that much of an impact as he has no strength and no offensive game. He's basically Samuel Dalembert at this point imo.

Reaction Score
Terrible draft pick and draft day trade looks worse. Not very many good stories about guys that miss all of year 1 of an NBA career. I think Blake Griffin is the only NBA example ever of a guy who missed a full year that early and achieved all-star status. At least there he wasn't hurt when they picked him, just succumbed to Clipper jinx in preseason.

Reaction Score
Don't think this has much to do with tanking for Wiggins as much as it's just the Sixers being cautious. The Sixers have the worst roster in the league with or without Noel.

Reaction Score
Don't think this has much to do with tanking for Wiggins as much as it's just the Sixers being cautious. The Sixers have the worst roster in the league with or without Noel.
So... You're saying the sixers acquiring an injured unskilled center in exchange for a young star guard has nothing to do with tanking ? They made the trade knowing full well they would sit him this year, so this is definitely all intertwined with the goal of getting top picks next year.

Reaction Score
So... You're saying the sixers acquiring an injured unskilled center in exchange for a young star guard has nothing to do with tanking ? They made the trade knowing full well they would sit him this year, so this is definitely all intertwined with the goal of getting top picks next year.

We're talking about different things here. The trade was certainly not intended to improve the Sixers this season, but I don't think the decision to keep Noel out for the entire season had much to do with tanking as much as they were just being cautious with him.

Reaction Score
this is code word for lets tank for Wiggins/Paker ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom