OT - Mother's Crazy Reaction to Son's Choice of College | The Boneyard

OT - Mother's Crazy Reaction to Son's Choice of College

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
If I was a 5 star basketball player and committed to Syracuse over UConn because Cuse gave me a better chance to succeed I'm pretty sure my Mom would be supportive. My dad and brother on the other hand...

Plus I would probably hate myself more than a little bit

Reaction Score
Really not too big of a deal. His mom looks like she's 32 years old or something. She probably isn't quite old enough yet to swallow her pride and support him going against her will. Its funny how young some of these kids moms are in college sports these days. Seems like tons of kids with parents in the 30-35 range.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Landon Collins is a certified manchild at the safety position. Next Eric Berry, IMO.

His father is pro-Bama, which may have influenced his decision. What also appears to have influenced decision is his girlfriend, who is headed to Tuscaloosa herself. She was gloating about all of this on Twitter, apparently.

And this being the $EC, there's probably other shadiness around it. There's a lot of pressure on Louisana kids (especially in the southern part of the state- Shreveport somewhat less so) to stay in-state (and other monkey business), and when it doesn't happen, you have to wonder what kinds of influence pushed the kid across state lines. In fact, the last 5*-caliber Louisiana prospect who didn't end up at LSU, Janzen Jackson, ended up at Tennessee when Lane Kiffin and Ed Orgeron were there, which pretty much tells you everything you need to know about how dirty that recruitment process probably was.

Still, let the kid have his moment in the sun, for God's sake. Weak sauce on mom's part.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Landon and GF:

318967.jpg

Reaction Score
Disgusting how a mom would rain on what is supposed to be one of the happiest days in a kid's life. Pretend to be happy for the cameras instead of creating a controversy around your son.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Really not too big of a deal. His mom looks like she's 32 years old or something. She probably isn't quite old enough yet to swallow her pride and support him going against her will. Its funny how young some of these kids moms are in college sports these days. Seems like tons of kids with parents in the 30-35 range.

Yeah that's the uncomfortable thing.... his mother looks like an older sister... and barely older.

Reaction Score
Maybe Mom would get a lot of perks if he stayed home, now she has to move to Alabama to get those same perks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The SEC plays for keeps. They deal in straight cash. Nobody has to move.

Reaction Score
Maybe she hasn't recieved the benefits package yet from Bama....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maybe his mother's attitude is the reason he decided to leave home?

Reaction Score
Funny thing is he said he was shocked by her reaction. Said she was pro-Bama until recently. Probably means she has to return her LSU referral bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom