OT More lame commentary on the SEC | The Boneyard

OT More lame commentary on the SEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'll admit it, that claim by the writer about beating up on the rest of the world, or whatever he said, is still sticking in my craw.

I just reviewed recent wins by the SEC, to see when the SEC had beaten a decent team. To be fare, there have been a few days recently with no games, but I had to go back to December 20 to find the most recent win by an SEC team over a team over 500.

Yes, South Carolina beat that well known powerhouse Winthrop. Since, then several SEC wins, but against teams with a losing record. I'm not even looking for wins against ranked team, just teams with a winning record.

Alabama took on that power conference Ivy league representative Princeton today, and got smacked down by 20 points.

Princeton is OK, with an 8–4 record, but they aren't ranked nor even expecting to go to the tournament without an automatic bid.

The SEC could redeem themselves later today, if ranked Georgia can beat just-barely-over-500 Illinois.

In theory, it should be a blowout, with Georgia at home against a team that managed a one point victory over Seton Hall.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
FL has a chance, in a tie game against 6–5 Georgetown, with 18 seconds left.

Now in OT with momentum on the side of FL

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm just glad BU is in a power conference with 4 (BU, ISU, OU and OSU) top 25 teams. I'd pit the Big 12 against the SEC and my money would be on the Big 12 as UT and WVU are just outside the top 25. IMO, the Big 12 is as good as any conference, other than the ACC.

Last edited:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm just glad BU is in a power conference with 4 (BU, ISU, OU and OSU) top 25 teams. I'd pit the Big 12 against the SEC and my money would be on the Big 12 as UT and WVU are just outside the top 25. IMO, the Big 12 is as good as any conference, other than the ACC.

I think you are right, it is clear that the ACC and Big 12 are the top two conferences, top to bottom.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
ISU and OSU have played no one. OU is 25th. And sinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom