OT: more bad Celtic's news | The Boneyard

OT: more bad Celtic's news

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Marshall, the former UConn star who joined CSNNE as a Celtics analyst in 2005-06, once seemed in line to succeed Tommy Heinsohn someday.

But he was surpassed by former Celtic Brian Scalabrine, who was superb as an analyst last year. Though Scalabrine chose the coaching life over a media career, moving on to become an assistant coach with the Warriors, Marshall's contract still was not picked up.

Reaction Score
This is a big surprise. Donny has been very well spoken during his time with the Celtics. He's definitely very intelligent with his dialog. This a big disappointment. He's been a very likable personality too & everyone seems to like him in Boston. When I hear Donny speak, I always think he does UConn proud!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Now there's no reason to watch the C's win 15 games this year. I guess he can concentrate his efforts more on his support of UConn. I loved hearing him on the post games.

Reaction Score
Now there's no reason to watch the C's win 15 games this year. I guess he can concentrate his efforts more on his support of UConn. I loved hearing him on the post games.

I totally agree! They've given up for the next few years. Very sad. They still could have been competive, but tossed it aside with poor trades & other decisions. Donny was always so supportive & informative. Too bad. Someone will pick Donny up!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Well if the Nets don't, like every other C. Maybe Donny could join the studio team for UConn. Will we be on SNY again?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I like John Celestand's commentary because it's so bad it's amusing. Donny Marshall on the other hand actually knew what he was doing and could make it through a sentence without being horribly awkward. Very surprised they didn't keep him on board.

Reaction Score
Donny will land on his feet somewhere. He's very good and there's a plethora of sports media outlets these days. Someone will be happy to grab him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The posters on the RealGM Celtics board really don't like Donny as an analyst. Nothing personal, I don't think -- they just don't think he's good. The fact that he didn't wear green doesn't help, but they're just not impressed.

Reaction Score
My understanding is the C's jerked him around a little and he received a better offer anyway from the Nets and he is happy with the new job. Also this allows him to do more college games which also makes him happier!

Donny's fine according to my source!:D

GemParty

Reaction Score
My understanding is the C's jerked him around a little and he received a better offer anyway from the Nets and he is happy with the new job. Also this allows him to do more college games which also makes him happier!

Donny's fine according to my source!:D
What Nets job did he take?

Reaction Score
What Nets job did he take?

I believe just some color on game telecasts but not a studio position.......he does want to do more college games too and this enables him to do so.

Reaction Score
They've given up for the next few years. Very sad. They still could have been competive, but tossed it aside with poor trades & other decisions.

Competitive in what? I think they've made a conscious decision to scrap it and build for the future. Nothing sad about it. Although this season is going to be reminiscent of the days of Vitaly Pitopinko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom