OT- Maryland Student Section | The Boneyard

OT- Maryland Student Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish we had a student section like this. I couldn't imagine how loud it would be at the XL Center with that many students then all of the fans. Also the ending wasn't bad! :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UConn already did one of those flash mob-y sort of things last year.

Reaction Score
UConn students were rocking at Gampel last week, it looked positively nuts there, and the announcers mentioned it several times.

Reaction Score
Students around the entire court, yes. However, getting bat shi+ crazy loud as Huskies' students can at times trumps the Storrs' flash mob and especially Maryland's over-the-top, pre-choreographed Pukish effort.

Reaction Score
Should push for Students sections on the sidelines..
I do agree on the sidelines thing but we should also color coordinate more often I know it's gimmicky but it makes it look like way more people are there

Reaction Score
Their student section only shows up like that for Duke games

Reaction Score
Utah St is usually the best and most creative student section.

They are also separated from the court only by a small bar in some sections. Very cool atmosphere there.

Reaction Score
Doesnt SDSU do that "I Believe" deal as well? I believe it sucks.

Reaction Score
Utah State's "I believe that we will win" is pretty cool but I don't know if they started it...I think New Mexico does it as well but I don't know who started doing it first.

Reaction Score
I'll say this, I went to a number of Maryland games back in the day (my best friend is a grad) both at Cole and the Comcast Center and I'm sorry to say that their crowds are a million times more vocal, excited, and "into it" than any UConn game I've ever attended. Certainly part of it is the student surrounding thing, but it is just a world of difference. I could do without the cheese choreography, but seeing an ACC game at Maryland is a really, really cool experience. The closest UConn game atmosphere I can remember was 99 against Mich St. and that paled in comparison to any of the Maryland games I saw.

Reaction Score
Utah State's "I believe that we will win" is pretty cool but I don't know if they started it...I think New Mexico does it as well but I don't know who started doing it first.

"Winning Team, Losing Team" is awesome !!!

Much better than "I believe...". But i like that one as well.

Reaction Score
I'll say this, I went to a number of Maryland games back in the day (my best friend is a grad) both at Cole and the Comcast Center and I'm sorry to say that their crowds are a million times more vocal, excited, and "into it" than any UConn game I've ever attended. Certainly part of it is the student surrounding thing, but it is just a world of difference. I could do without the cheese choreography, but seeing an ACC game at Maryland is a really, really cool experience. The closest UConn game atmosphere I can remember was 99 against Mich St. and that paled in comparison to any of the Maryland games I saw.

Agreed. Great student section. I liked Cole alot better than comcast center, though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Their student section only shows up like that for Duke games
This is true. But people could say ours only showed up for GTown and Cuse this year. The discrepancy at UMD is huge though.

Reaction Score
Should push for Students sections on the sidelines..
So ive been really for the students on the sideline idea. We should be on the sideline and wrap around behind the basket were already behind. However, there are some issues. The sidelines have seats whereas the upper section of our current student section has bleachers; how do you think non student ticket holders will feel about sitting in bleachers? MSU has this designed perfectly. Student seats are bleachers surrounding the court in a lower section with seated non students further back. The atmosphere would be significantly better with students on the sideline/wrapping around, and it would also help student turn out knowing that you were guaranteed "lower section." The way our section is now pisses me off. It completely divides our students so that people in the upper sections dont feel that they have to stand or be loud because thats what the lower section is for. With all of the students on one level, there'd definitely be a sense of togetherness.

Reaction Score
"I believe" and "winning team losing team" are both chants that my high school did. Colleges doing this is a joke.

Reaction Score
Maryland's fans are good especially when playing Dook.

Signs like these crack me up.

redickulously-gay.jpg

Duke+v+Maryland+5lhyLtXsIupl.jpg

Reaction Score
I also give Maryland fans credit for infiltrating the Duke student section before the game. The Maryland plant told the Duke fans that Nik-Caner Medley had a girlfriend with a pet name for him, "Piggy." The student said the girl's name was Myra, and that it would really get under NCM's skin if the duke fans would chant his nickname when he had the ball. So, the whole Duke student section started chanting "Myra and Piggy" when Caner-Medley was out there.

This prompted Coach K. to say, "WTF!?! Why are my students chanting Myron Piggie? STFU!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom