OT-Mark Gottfried | The Boneyard

OT-Mark Gottfried

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I noticed that CJ Leslie was waived by the knicks today. Kid was a top recruit out of high school. Seems like a lot of his past players hate him and have said so over the years. I stumbled on some old stuff online and not sure how true it is. But they said one of the reason he was fired from Bama was he slept with one of his players girlfriends. Also he was caught on the golf course having sex with a Co-Ed. No doubt he is a great recruiter but I wonder why kids to play for him.

Reaction Score
All I know is that he absolutely blasted Jim Calhoun for too much texting, and said that these were the reasons guys like him who play it cleanly get fired. As everyone knows, Bama was blown out in the 2004 tourney because of all the texting.

Reaction Score
I don't think Gottfried is a great coach by any means but Leslie was always an athletic tweener imo. Most of his damage in college was done in the post, facing up from 10-15 and slashing off the dribble, or in transition, his perimeter game lacked the skillset to be a NBA SF. Coming out of his HS his game needed an overhaul if he was going to eventually make it as an NBA SF.

Reaction Score
I don't think Gottfried is a great coach by any means but Leslie was always an athletic tweener imo. Most of his damage in college was done in the post, facing up from 10-15 and slashing off the dribble, or in transition, his perimeter game lacked the skillset to be a NBA SF. Coming out of his HS his game needed an overhaul if he was going to eventually make it as an NBA SF.

Agreed... While Leslie was rated higher, Sticks was not all that different of a player. Nobody kills JC for Sticks not being a pro, nor does Gottfried deserve blame for Leslie. The 6-9 wanna-be small forward with power forward skills very rarely works out in the end.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Gottfried had an affair with Ronald Steele's then-girlfriend.

Steele left 'Bama and Gottfried resigned during the following season.

Good recruiter, iffy character and a bad coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom