ot:Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend and Inspirational Story is a hoax | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ot:Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend and Inspirational Story is a hoax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe (if she was real) he wouldn't have went to see her when he was told she got sick.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I find it hard to believe (if she was real) he wouldn't have went to see her when he was told she got sick.

He didn't want to see her when she was well.....

Why the heck would he want to see her when she was sick?

Reaction Score
ND's AD was stupid to come out and take such a strong stand so early on. I know they have known about this for weeks and have investigated, but I still think he is going to get burned. Te'o just canceled the Jeremy Schaap interview that was supposed to happen today.

I can understand being embarrassed about the online thing, but he lied about so many little specific details and he knew what he was doing. A friend of mine has a younger brother currently attending ND and he says that it was well known that Te'o had relations with girls consistently over the past few years so the mormon excuse doesn't really work for me here.

He may have been embarrassed and naive, but he was also complicit in carrying on a falsehood.

Reaction Score
He was so clearly involved in the hoax that it's absolutely fascinating to me that anybody at all believes what he's saying.
I don't watch college football - at least not since PP came on board, and I don't care one way or another about ND.

But, very clearly, ND has a HUGE bias against knowing the truth here. It makes them and their program look silly, and maybe even mentally abusive, and them just having their come-back season and all. While it's echelons less severe than PSU, it's the exact same bias. It's the classic, "it's very difficult to get a man to understand that which his job depends upon him not understanding."

3 years and he never met her in person? Or saw her on skype? Or on any other video system? And he's a kid who was with the Irish for 3 years? So he'd be traveling? Let's see the phone records that show "hours and hours" of conversations that he claims. When he said he "met her at Stanford" he meant "met her online at Stanford." Please. A power-team of Clemens, Armstrong, and Woods would have more credibility than this guy.

Do you know any Mormon people? I do. They all seem to be hard working, clean living people. But they aren't idiot weirdos who would "date" somebody for 3 years "online" without ever having had a live conversation.

Please. This is so painfully obvious that I really don't understand how anybody could be so naive as to believe that this guy is a "victim." The "victims" here are anybody who became emotionally involved in the alleged leukemia/car death of a young woman because this chump chose to lie about her existence.

Very simply, this guy likely did this for one of three reasons - 1. Publicity/Attention. 2. He's gay, and the "girlfriend in Canada" cover got out of hand. or 3. He's got a serious mental health problem/he's got narcissistic personality disorder. He deserves to get put through the ringer. Playing with people's emotions for your own gain is despicable.

Reaction Score
Either he's the biggest sucker ever, or the biggest fraud/liar/psycho. I'm guessing it's a combination of all those. He WAS a future 1st round pick and he couldn't get a chick at Notre Dame? Heck Jesus Shuttlesworth got more play than him on his high school recruiting trip to ND. I hope he enjoyed his publicity, because if I'm an NFL scout I'm passing on this weirdo 100%.

Reaction Score
He was so clearly involved in the hoax that it's absolutely fascinating to me that anybody at all believes what he's saying.
I don't watch college football - at least not since PP came on board, and I don't care one way or another about ND.

But, very clearly, ND has a HUGE bias against knowing the truth here. It makes them and their program look silly, and maybe even mentally abusive, and them just having their come-back season and all. While it's echelons less severe than PSU, it's the exact same bias. It's the classic, "it's very difficult to get a man to understand that which his job depends upon him not understanding."

3 years and he never met her in person? Or saw her on skype? Or on any other video system? And he's a kid who was with the Irish for 3 years? So he'd be traveling? Let's see the phone records that show "hours and hours" of conversations that he claims. When he said he "met her at Stanford" he meant "met her online at Stanford." Please. A power-team of Clemens, Armstrong, and Woods would have more credibility than this guy.

Do you know any Mormon people? I do. They all seem to be hard working, clean living people. But they aren't idiot weirdos who would "date" somebody for 3 years "online" without ever having had a live conversation.

Please. This is so painfully obvious that I really don't understand how anybody could be so naive as to believe that this guy is a "victim." The "victims" here are anybody who became emotionally involved in the alleged leukemia/car death of a young woman because this chump chose to lie about her existence.

Very simply, this guy likely did this for one of three reasons - 1. Publicity/Attention. 2. He's gay, and the "girlfriend in Canada" cover got out of hand. or 3. He's got a serious mental health problem/he's got narcissistic personality disorder. He deserves to get put through the ringer. Playing with people's emotions for your own gain is despicable.

Well said...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
My opinion is that he's gay (not that there's anything wrong with that.....) and tried to hide it from his classmates, teammates, and Samoan family. That would help him explain not dating girls and is even more believable because this 'relationship' supposedly started several years ago, basically for most of his college years. This is a more believable scenario than that he was duped or did it for publicity. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom