OT: LeBron's Insufferable Hubris Catching Up | The Boneyard

OT: LeBron's Insufferable Hubris Catching Up

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I completely disagree with your evaluation of LeBron. If Irving played nearly as hard as LeBron, the Cavs might have another trophy.

I guess I was less than clear. Not critical of LeBron the basketball player, but LeBron the I never have enough pieces around me manipulator/ frowner/ petulant wonderboy.

Reaction Score
Kyrie has had it with the whining superstar. Think about it. Who can plan their own career when LeBron is in the building and isn't holding a trophy. Love to see Celts get him, but with all their moves I don't know if they could swing it.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/21/kyrie-..._content=20170721&mpweb=755-3998176-719293442
I don't think the Keltics would want James==he's not Irish!! But it would get him out of Cleveland.
Speaking of which--James and his family are buying up homes in Detroit --rehabing and helping low income people to get them--Win Win ...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I don't think the Keltics would want James==he's not Irish!! But it would get him out of Cleveland.
Speaking of which--James and his family are buying up homes in Detroit --rehabing and helping low income people to get them--Win Win ---

Kyrie has expressed interest in 4 teams; Celts not on his list. Knicks, Spurs, Heat or Timberwolves.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have mixed feelings about Lebron. I never liked him at Miami, but then realized it was Wade i didn't like, not Lebron. He's certainly not a whiny bitch or selfish player like Melo, and for all the hype and super-stardom, I never got the impression that Lebron was a primadonna. Granted the whole "I'm taking my talents to South Beach" was way over the top, but I think he's grown up since then. I give the guy credit for learning from his PR mistakes.

Having said that, it's just my impression and I don't follow any 1 basketball player enough in the NBA to really know. Irving is a good player. Nowhere near the same level as Lebron. If he thinks he's going to end up someplace and be a franchise player, he's going to be in for a rude awakening. But we shall see!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Cleveland is an enigma. They get to the Finals, fire their head coach. Get to another Finals, win, then get destroyed this year, basically let their GM resign and don't have a replacement yet. Didn't add any major pieces in a year when everyone in the West is loading up to compete with GS.

I think LBJ can do whatever he wants, since he came back, won a championship, etc. I don't think he's a prima donna, I think the organization is not run well and Kyrie sees the writing on the wall. I would love to see him with the Spurs.

Reaction Score
LBJ is an Ohio product. Rumor has it that they returned to Ohio because the family was not happy in Miami and wanted to come home. Professionally, I don't think he has to prove anything else to cement himself among the all-time greats of the sport. Oh, in case anyone was wondering, I'm in Cleveland.:)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Too bad he doesnt want to come to Charlotte...... I'd surely be in favor of getting rid of Walker and Williams for him.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
How many playoff games did Kyrie play in before LBJ came back? Saying you want to be the focal point of a team is one thing, being the focal point that has taken 2 different teams to 7 consceutive NBA Finals and won 3 NBA titles is quite another.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How many playoff games did Kyrie play in before LBJ came back? Saying you want to be the focal point of a team is one thing, being the focal point that has taken 2 different teams to 7 consceutive NBA Finals and won 3 NBA titles is quite another.

He played in the same number of playoff games that James played in his first two seasons in the league.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
He's dumb to leave. LeBron is not going to stay there forever. If Kyrie stays, he can make more money there than anywhere else.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I can not understand why any young player would not want to play with LeBron (assuming Golden State is closed for business :) ) He may have some annoying traits off court but on court, he is a brilliant and unselfish player. What does it even mean "to be the focus"??

He would get max money +more title opportunities and would own the team after LeBron leaves/retires. No appreciation.
Just a very talented individualistic street baller who cant/ wont play defense :mad::mad::mad: Head bangHead bang

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I was thinking a straight up trade to the Rockets. Chris Paul who wants to play with Lebron for Kyrie Irving.

Reaction Score
Also, I forgot to mention that Irving's shooting percentage might go way down on another team, because they would not have to put their best defender on James.

It's rare to have a team with their best defender able to guard both LBJ and Irving. LBJ is more power while Irving is more quickness. If he goes to San Antonio and plays for Poppovich with KLeonard, you think it "no doubt" that his shooting % will go down? Maybe it will.

LBJ is an all-time great. Super great amongst the very best. But he is a "point-forward." If you are a pg, its not ideal. Though if I were Irving I'd shut up and accept my team will be going to the finals for the 4th straight year. Nobody in the East can beat them.

Reaction Score
Kyrie is a STUD! Leaving to be the man.....he better have some pieces around him or he's definitely gonna be in for a rude awakening. Minnesota or San Antonio are awesome choices and he would flourish in either one. Miami or New York and he will regret it big time.

Reaction Score
Kyrie is easily the most overrated player in the league. A point guard who doesn't make anyone better, only talent is scoring and he is too inefficient, disappears for games often. He isn't a franchise player at all.

Reaction Score
Kyrie is easily the most overrated player in the league. A point guard who doesn't make anyone better, only talent is scoring and he is too inefficient, disappears for games often. He isn't a franchise player at all.

I think you are out of your mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom