OT: Kevin Martin to T-Wolves, Lamb's time to shine? | The Boneyard

OT: Kevin Martin to T-Wolves, Lamb's time to shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kevin Martin just signed as a free agent with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Lamb didn't get much playing time last year, but I still wholeheartedly believe in his talent and hopefully he'll take a significant chunk of Martin's minutes in the 2 guard role.

He has a similar game to Martin's, and the Thunder specifically asked for him in the Harden trade, so hopefully they still intend on using him long term. He tore up the D-League whenever he played (I know, I know.... it's the D-League) and I really think he can be a good scorer in the league, especially when the defenses will be completely focuses on Durant and Westbrook.

I'm really hoping Lamb will get a chance to showcase his talent and play a prominent role on a title contender. The Thunder will be nationally televised a lot, so having that little bit of extra exposure is good for the UConn program as well.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping he can have a Danny Green-esque impact in a playoff series. Definitely cheering for him next season.

Reaction Score
I hope so. Most of our guys are on terrible teams. It'd be nice to have an alum playing on a title contending team for once.

Obviously Ray is the exception to this along with Hasheem already playing a minimal role on the Thunder.

Reaction Score
Word is now that OKC is going after dorelle wright from 76ers to replace martin...

Reaction Score
Wright is more of a SF than SG, OKC does go to 2PG sets sometimes but them signing Wright is less of an impact than if they had re-signed Martin. Lamb's biggest impediment still remains Scott Brooks. He delayed Reggie Jackson's development by a year by playing Fisher over him during the '11-12 season, and did the same last year with Lamb. There would be games where there would be blowouts and Fish was getting crazy tick while Lamb was either in the DLeague or still on the bench. Then even when he did play this dude Fish would be out there just jacking. I really hope OKC doesn't re-sign him, his time is up.

Reaction Score
Wright is more of a SF than SG, OKC does go to 2PG sets sometimes but them signing Wright is less of an impact than if they had re-signed Martin. Lamb's biggest impediment still remains Scott Brooks. He delayed Reggie Jackson's development by a year by playing Fisher over him during the '11-12 season, and did the same last year with Lamb. There would be games where there would be blowouts and Fish was getting crazy tick while Lamb was either in the DLeague or still on the bench. Then even when he did play this dude Fish would be out there just jacking. I really hope OKC doesn't re-sign him, his time is up.

You mean you don't think his 33% shooting and 7.0 PER helped the team last season? Fisher and Perkins in crunch-time FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom