OT- Kevin Love trade rumors | The Boneyard

OT- Kevin Love trade rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rumors have been floating around a Love trade for a while. It looked like a two horse race between Cleveland and Golden State, with the Cavs offering Wiggins, Bennett, a 1st round draft pick, possibly Waiters and Golden State offering three starters Lee, Barnes and Thompson. Now it looks like the Bulls are a serious contender with a rumor of Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler and maybe a couple more assets and then today a report of Taj, McDermott and Mirotic being offered. Who knows what to think, my gut tells me Minnesota is posturing a bit to drive up Love's price, not sure that Cavs have even offered Wiggins and if the Warriors have offered Klay Thompson. All of my Bulls friends are freaking out saying the reported package of Taj, McDermott and Mirotic would be a horrible move and they seem to think trading McDermott would be crazy. I've been trying to tell them Love is a NBA superstar and McDermott hasn't proven anything besides a nice summer league showing. You are going to have to give up a lot to get a top 10 player in the league which is what Love is. I don't care if he's injury prone and isn't a strong defender, he averages 25 and 13 and puts up 30 and 20 nights.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Wiggins just signed with the Cavs so if the Wiggins for Love trade goes down it won't be for at least 30 days. Them the rules.

Reaction Score
It's definitely Minnesota putting out false info. The Cavs haven't offered Wiggins.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
In what world do you not trade a (potential)future Allstar, for a current all star in his early prime? At a position of need none the less.... The cavs need a big much more than a wing, this trade makes to much sense for them imo. Plus I would bet on love resigning if they're as good as they should be. Love is like a better version of Chris bosh for Lebron, cause he actually can shoot the three very well, and can rebound. Plus they have Andy for post defense and rim protection, he's the type of big Lebron never had in Miami, cause he's also a pretty efficient rebounder as well. Not to mention he's one of Lebrons favorite teammates.

A starting line up of:

Pg: Irving- scoring, takes pressure of Lebron always having to handle and distribute
Sg: waiters- nice slasher to place with 2 guys who can shoot(Irving and love)
Sf: Lebron - he's pretty good
Pf: love - anyone who can put up 24-12 a night is an asset to a team, better version of bosh
C: Andy- can handle the dirty work(rebounding, post defense, shot blocking) without demanding touches

Plus with depth players like: Thompson, delevadova, Harris, miller, Ray, Haywood.

Not the greatest depth but I think it's good enough. Guys like Thompson and Harris could potentially be great impact players off the bench.

So in short, if you can't tell. I think this team is a serious contender with Kevin love.

Reaction Score
In what world do you not trade a (potential)future Allstar, for a current all star in his early prime? At a position of need none the less.... The cavs need a big much more than a wing, this trade makes to much sense for them imo. Plus I would bet on love resigning if they're as good as they should be. Love is like a better version of Chris bosh for Lebron, cause he actually can shoot the three very well, and can rebound. Plus they have Andy for post defense and rim protection, he's the type of big Lebron never had in Miami, cause he's also a pretty efficient rebounder as well. Not to mention he's one of Lebrons favorite teammates.

A starting line up of:

Pg: Irving- scoring, takes pressure of Lebron always having to handle and distribute
Sg: waiters- nice slasher to place with 2 guys who can shoot(Irving and love)
Sf: Lebron - he's pretty good
Pf: love - anyone who can put up 24-12 a night is an asset to a team, better version of bosh
C: Andy- can handle the dirty work(rebounding, post defense, shot blocking) without demanding touches

Plus with depth players like: Thompson, delevadova, Harris, miller, Ray, Haywood.

Not the greatest depth but I think it's good enough. Guys like Thompson and Harris could potentially be great impact players off the bench.

So in short, if you can't tell. I think this team is a serious contender with Kevin love.

I agree with you. I'd do it in a heartbeat. That team is the favorite in the East.

Reaction Score
I just worry about a starting lineup with Irving, Waiters, and Love on the defensive end. All three of those guys are sieves, and that puts a lot of pressure on LeBron again. Wiggins isn't as good as Love, but he's more versatile and a much better defender. I'd wait and see what my team looks like before making a trade, since a number of things could break the Cavs' way (Waiters plays well enough to be the centerpiece, the team starts killing it without Love, Marc Gasol signs with them as a FA). Maybe in a couple of months the Cavs could get the deal done with Waiters and Thompson as the centerpieces.

Reaction Score
I just worry about a starting lineup with Irving, Waiters, and Love on the defensive end. All three of those guys are sieves, and that puts a lot of pressure on LeBron again. Wiggins isn't as good as Love, but he's more versatile and a much better defender. I'd wait and see what my team looks like before making a trade, since a number of things could break the Cavs' way (Waiters plays well enough to be the centerpiece, the team starts killing it without Love, Marc Gasol signs with them as a FA). Maybe in a couple of months the Cavs could get the deal done with Waiters and Thompson as the centerpieces.

I think Gasol is a pipe dream. He stated publicly that he can't see himself playing anywhere other than Memphis. It's his home in the U.S. He played high school ball there and his parents live in the area too I believe.

Reaction Score
If wolves get wiggins , Bennett and a future first ... That's highway robbery . Like who are they outbidding ? Lets see how wiggins looks along side bron, don't pull the trigger .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom