OT- Karl Malone is an idiot | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT- Karl Malone is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Note: my comment had nothing to do with this year's series. Have been watching NHL, not NBA this year.

NHL is still playing, thought it was over when the Rangers got beat??:oops:

Reaction Score
Any Top 5 that does not include Bird, Magic, or Jordan loses credibility from the get go. Not only where they great players in their own right, they made everyone around them better on both ends of the court.

Kobe doesn't do that, in my opinion, especially on defense.
I'm not old enough to have watched the old greats but as a little kid I watched the greatness of Magic and Bird and then I was lucky enough to have watched Jordan. Growing up at the time I did I can say I was spoiled rotten, watching those 3 players made me the basketball fan I am today, all 3 of them personified greatness.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Jungle Jim Loscutoff. Russell was nothing without him.

All time 5

Russell, Chamberlain, Kareem, MJ and Magic. Huge impact on how the game was played. James belongs in that group. Clear asterisk for Jungle Jim. :cool:

I don't think one of several other players would be off the wall, like Dr. J, O, Kobe, Stockton, Cousy and really many more you can argue for. Mikan changed the game too, although I don't think in pure talent terms he measures with the other great bigs. And the list changes if you go by position. But eliminating one of Russell, Wilt or Kareem just to go by position makes no sense to me.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
NHL is still playing, thought it was over when the Rangers got beat??:oops:

Rangers? Is that some NY team? They play hockey down there? :D

I've been watching the Bruins, as I enjoy their style of play, and I dislike the Penguins. Give me physical tough hockey over finesse any day. Why I liked guys like Messier (throwing you a bone there) over Gretzky. Love watching Jagr's metamorphosis, and hope he gets a title out of this.

As a former Whalers diehard, I can't say I'm a Bruins fan (just doesn't sound right), but I like playoff hockey, so that is what I'm stuck with. Sox/Pats/Celts fan, so I might as well support the Bruins.

Reaction Score

I've been watching the Bruins, as I enjoy their style of play, and I dislike the Penguins. Give me physical tough hockey over finesse any day. Why I liked guys like Messier (throwing you a bone there) over Gretzky. Love watching Jagr's metamorphosis, and hope he gets a title out of this.

As a former Whalers diehard, I can't say I'm a Bruins fan (just doesn't sound right), but I like playoff hockey, so that is what I'm stuck with. Sox/Pats/Celts fan, so I might as well support the Bruins.

Yeah they play......Messier may be returning to the bench too we'll see.......

Unlike my dislike of the Sox I do like the Bruins and also have been watching.......they are playing well and Rask is Henrik-like as we speak!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm not old enough to have watched the old greats but as a little kid I watched the greatness of Magic and Bird and then I was lucky enough to have watched Jordan. Growing up at the time I did I can say I was spoiled rotten, watching those 3 players made me the basketball fan I am today, all 3 of them personified greatness.

Unfortunately, that's the problem with comparing All-Time players. Stats are not really transferable across eras because of ever evolving rules, official scorers had different interpretations of said rules (some weren't even taken), and they played against different competition. Russell is an all time great to be sure, but he was offensively challenged. Wilt was defensively challenged, Cousy was know to turn the ball over as much as make a great behind the back pass, and Oscar Robinson played in a era where little defense if any was played by any team.

Magic and Bird saved the NBA from the brink of non-existance and Jordan took that to the next level. Their play and gargantuan personalities transcends eras and stats. That this why any list of GOAT's upon which these three are not included is a non-starter.

Husky25

Reaction Score

Why is there not an OT: NHL Playoff's thread (I suppose I could start one, but the playoffs are over in two weeks. What about the last 6 weeks?)?

Tuuka Rask is standing on his head. I hope it continues...

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, that's the problem with comparing All-Time players. Stats are not really transferable across eras because of ever evolving rules, official scorers had different interpretations of said rules (some weren't even taken), and they played against different competition. Russell is an all time great to be sure, but he was offensively challenged. Wilt was defensively challenged, Cousy was know to turn the ball over as much as make a great behind the back pass, and Oscar Robinson played in a era where little defense if any was played by any team.

Magic and Bird saved the NBA from the brink of non-existance and Jordan took that to the next level. Their play and gargantuan personalities transcends eras and stats. That this why any list of GOAT's upon which these three are not included is a non-starter.
Well said, agree 100%.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Yeah they play.

Just not so much in OT! ;)

Unlike my dislike of the Sox I do like the Bruins and also have been watching.......they are playing well and Rask is Henrik-like as we speak!!

How can you not like a goalie that looks as weird as this?
images

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Agree 100%.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just not so much in OT! ;)

How can you not like a goalie that looks as weird as this?
images
That goalie has stopped almost 99% of the last 160 shots he's faced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That goalie has stopped almost 99% of the last 160 shots he's faced.

He's ludicrous.

...and funny looking.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why more people don't watch the NHL playoffs. I couldn't care less about hockey for ten months of the year, but playoff hockey is non-stop, riveting stuff.

Reaction Score
WHO CARES! Karl could ball, and everything he does outside bball is irrelevant

Reaction Score
WHO CARES! Karl could ball, and everything he does outside bball is irrelevant

The fact he was a player like you say makes what he says relevant......and leaving out MJ makes him an ignorant fool!!! Stockton over Magic is a little more understanding than leaving out MJ.......that's just mind boggling. Surprised he didn't put himself on there........

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Karl played almost 20 years with a guy like Stockton and didn't give him props, I would think less of Karl. I always tell my son to look out for his teammates on and off the court.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If Karl played almost 20 years with a guy like Stockton and didn't give him props, I would think less of Karl. I always tell my son to look out for his teammates on and off the court.
Magic has position flexibility. Put him at Center like the Lake Show did during the Finals his rookie year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer