OT: Just Football | The Boneyard

OT: Just Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Parent's weekend at my daughter's school. Great time and included a football game Sat. afternoon. The Continentals and Jumbos from the powerhouse NESCAC hooked up in a real good one. Crowd of probably 2k, no highly touted recruits tracked on Rivals or Scout, hardly a 300 pounder to be found.

Good football though. The Continental QB was a collected kid who made excellent decisions. That was the difference and they won their first opener since 1992. Nobody is going onto the League from this conference. Given the academic standards of these schools most will be doctors, lawyers, government leaders and captians of industry. They play, very hard and very well by the way, because they love to play. After the game there is no talk of firing coaches, criticism of young athletes or wringing of hands about conference alignment. There is joy, disappointment, aches and pains, and friendship. There is a beer and then academics......real academics.

Just pure football. I love my Huskies, but I'm wondering if they are in a world I just don't care to be in anymore. Business is business, but I love my collge football with friends and family and with the kids playing hard simply because that's the way you play the game.

The better team wins simply because they were the better team, not because the right deal was struck in a room full of suits.....

I may be checking out. Doesn't feel fun any more.

Reaction Score
+1
My nephew plays wideout at Bentley. Very good football, great atmosphere (my two boys can run around on the field at halftime), and the players are just as concerned about where they will intern in the summer as they are of the upcoming opponent.
Won't give up on DI because I love it but it is a great change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom