OT - Josh Boone | The Boneyard

OT - Josh Boone

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
All the Hilton Armstrong posts I've made over the past few days have also made me think of Josh Boone. Aside from being an atrocious FT shooter, he'd be an excellent back-up guy at the 4 or 5. There's nothing fancy to his game - just bang around, get rebounds and putbacks - but sometimes that's all that's needed. His career numbers really aren't that terrible, so I'm not sure why we haven't seen him get close to a return to the NBA. I know he signed with a D-League team last year but was somehow injured and was out for the year. I'd like to see both these guys back in the NBA and rejuvenate their careers, but I'd also like a million dollars and a new car.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'd like to see him make big money too and make a large donation to the program.

Reaction Score
Boonie has always struck me as a guy who doesn't love the game and may at this point be trying to cling to his best opportunity in life to make a big income. Other than his freshman year, he never seemed to be enjoying himself on the court. I got to speak to him for a long time one day at practice his Freshman year, he was such a nice down to earth kid. I hope things work out great for him, whether that's playing basketball or not.

Reaction Score
Wash Post beat writer said Josh looked like a shell of himself physically after he got cut from the Wizards summer league team. Knee injury had robbed him of his quick jumping ability around the rim. Really a shame, there's no way I would've envisioned him out of the league so soon after how well he played in his 2nd year. Hopefully he has enough stashed away from his NBA and China money, forget worrying about what money he donates to the school, mind your own pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom