OT-Is Brady hurt? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT-Is Brady hurt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Properly inflated footballs made all the difference in this game. Ok I"m kidding, just trying to get the Pats fans riled up. It doesn't take much.
A very good game. Denver's defense was really good. I can't see how Manning is going to keep up with Carolina in the SB but we will see. Maybe the Bronco's D can control them as well.

Reaction Score
The bottom line is Denver won because of a missed extra point.

Yeah ok. There wasn't much time after that missed extra point to win the game. Hey how about this one then since we're on the if's? If the Denver RB picks up the eventual lateral like he should have do you guys even get more than 12 points?

Reaction Score
Properly inflated footballs made all the difference in this game. Ok I"m kidding, just trying to get the Pats fans riled up. It doesn't take much.
A very good game. Denver's defense was really good. I can't see how Manning is going to keep up with Carolina in the SB but we will see. Maybe the Bronco's D can control them as well.

It's up to the Denver D and I doubt they have enough as much as I hate to say it. This is a looming blowout.

Reaction Score
Didn't read this entire thread, too bummed for that. Denver won because Marcus Cannon usually a jack of all trades fill in along the OL, started by default at RT and the RT played left tackle. Both were ineffective but Cannon in particular was brutal. The injuries along the OL finally caught up to the Pats. Home field was crucial but the Pats were limping toward the finish line and Carolina would have likely trounced them. Need some tweaks to contend again next year.

Reaction Score
Tom Brady isn't 3-4 in the playoffs on the road. The New England Patriots are. Neutral site games aren't home games, either, but whatever. If we want to play that game, it's worth pointing out that the guy is also 2nd in all time wins on the road and 1st in all-time winning pct on the road. So I'm not sweating it and it shouldn't be used as an excuse or as a way for fans to sling mud at Belichick because they're throwing a poo fit over not winning their zillionth championship.

Just this season:

Completion PCT: 64.5% (home), 64.4% (road)
QB Rating: 102.0 (home), 102.4 (road)

Career:

Completion PCT: 63.66% (home), 63.47% (road)
QB Rating: 97.5 (home), 95.3 (road)

Doesn't seem to change him much, if at all. All teams struggle more on the road, but this team's good enough that it shouldn't be an excuse. Baltimore beat us at home. Twice, actually. At this point in the game, any team can win anywhere. They just got beat.

How do those splits look in the playoffs?

Reaction Score
Read this morning that Brady got hit more than any QB since 2005 in any game. He was clearly rattled because you could see him miss open guys. The first interception too. It came down to Brady's mistakes.

Maybe a few playcalls I'd question, like when they had 2nd and 1 at the Denver 20, and managed not to run it once, then to have a kinda trick play stopped.

Other than that, the OL couldn't handle any rushers.

They got a lot of crazy bad breaks or un-Patriotlike acts. I mean, no one is ever going to break Gostkowski's XP record. Insane that he missed an XP there. Stork committed a boneheaded personal foul just after Amendola returned a deep punt to midfield.

One thing that has always been true about the Patriots playing at Denver: it is a house of horrors. And the atmospheric effects are real. Back when I used to run 5 miles about 5 days a week, I went to Boulder and walked up the big hill to campus. I wasn't winded, but I was woozy and even nauseous.

I disagree with those who think being on the road has little to do with the loss.

It not only impacts you physically but it is an immense help to your defense. Did you see Von Miller get off on the ball? That's all because the Patriots can only go on Stork's snap, there is no cadence cause you can't hear one, and the outside tackles can't even look at the ball because their eyes are on the DE lined up wide. That makes a huge difference in terms of what you can do on offense.

Reaction Score
How do those splits look in the playoffs?

NFL fans should have a look at domed stadium stats versus outdoor stats. The numbers diverge for every good QB. It is a huge difference. The QB ratings (home or on the road) are telling.

So, to answer your question, if Brady is playing road games at Denver in the playoffs (3 times) his numbers are not very good. At Pittsburgh, they are excellent (outdoor game). At Indianapolis, they are even better (indoors). But those are his only road games (that I can remember). During the season, his stats are sky-high for dome games, but below home stats for outdoor or grass games.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Read this morning that Brady got hit more than any QB since 2005 in any game. He was clearly rattled because you could see him miss open guys. The first interception too. It came down to Brady's mistakes.

Maybe a few playcalls I'd question, like when they had 2nd and 1 at the Denver 20, and managed not to run it once, then to have a kinda trick play stopped.

Other than that, the OL couldn't handle any rushers.

They got a lot of crazy bad breaks or un-Patriotlike acts. I mean, no one is ever going to break Gostkowski's XP record. Insane that he missed an XP there. Stork committed a boneheaded personal foul just after Amendola returned a deep punt to midfield.

One thing that has always been true about the Patriots playing at Denver: it is a house of horrors. And the atmospheric effects are real. Back when I used to run 5 miles about 5 days a week, I went to Boulder and walked up the big hill to campus. I wasn't winded, but I was woozy and even nauseous.

I disagree with those who think being on the road has little to do with the loss.

It not only impacts you physically but it is an immense help to your defense. Did you see Von Miller get off on the ball? That's all because the Patriots can only go on Stork's snap, there is no cadence cause you can't hear one, and the outside tackles can't even look at the ball because their eyes are on the DE lined up wide. That makes a huge difference in terms of what you can do on offense.
And after all that the Pats were needing 8 points at the end when a FG earlier would have them just needing a TD for the win.

And when is Belichek going to insert a running game again? Just to keep defenses guessing a bit.

Reaction Score
And after all that the Pats were needing 8 points at the end when a FG earlier would have them just needing a TD for the win.

And when is Belichek going to insert a running game again? Just to keep defenses guessing a bit.

Maybe when he gets an O-line and a couple decent running backs?

I don't think you can lose this many guys on OL and be OK. Stork was out most of the season and just came back. Both of the other guards were backups. Your LT was the RT playing on a high ankle sprain, and your backup RT who started is awful and won't make the team next year. So you can't run.

Reaction Score
The o-line is getting trounced, and so he doesn't have time.

Neither INT was a great decision, but I don't really put this on him. You got to protect your QB.
It was horrendous all day. Both Miller and Ware could get around the tackles, seemingly at will all game long. The fact that they had a chance to tie at the end of the 4th is amazing. Gronk is a beast. They need to get some help for Gronk and Brady on the outside beyond tough, quick gritty guys like Edelman and Amendola.

Reaction Score
It was horrendous all day. Both Miller and Ware could get around the tackles, seemingly at will all game long. The fact that they had a chance to tie at the end of the 4th is amazing. Gronk is a beast. They need to get some help for Gronk and Brady on the outside beyond tough, quick gritty guys like Edelman and Amendola.

agree with this, hough many Patriot fans don't for some reason. Brady's passes downfield to James White were on target, but you can't expect a running back to adjust to balls like a wide receiver. They need an outside the numbers receiver, preferably with some height.

Reaction Score
Lots of excuses floating and from TB12 nation here. It really is pretty simple. Brady is a prima donna QB who doesn't like getting hit. He doesn't scramble. Any time you breathe on him he looks to the refs and whines for a call. He likes having his feet set in the pocket and going through his check downs.

His one kryptonite is a team using through the line and punching him in the nose and that's exactly what Denver did for 4 quarters tonight. End of story.
Utter nonsense. Brady scrambles when he has to and he got clobbered in this game because of the porous offensive line. And he still had them right there at the end, if not for a missed PAT. And remember, both Edelman and Amendola were injured late in the year as well.

Reaction Score
they've moved the ball most of the year in spite of the bad O-line, so to me blaming them today is just an excuse.

Did they play the #1 defense in the league all year ? Having a porous, injured offensive line is tough to deal with, but having that problem against the league's best defense is another problem altogether. Watching Miller and Ware living in the backfield, I can't recall watching a worse offensive line on what is otherwise a good team. Sure, you see that kind of horrid play from 4-12 teams, but not from a team in the conference championship game.

Reaction Score
One key for Denver was getting an early lead especially at home, it allowed the D to pin their ears back and attack Brady, Peyton was able to settle down early and just take what the Pats D gave him, take the sack or incompletion if you have to just don't turn it over. Honestly the game shouldnt have been as close as it was, Gronk and Brady are the reason it was.

Carolina is gonna be real tough, it will be harder to rush Cam Newton, definitely critical Denver has an early lead, last thing you want is for Peyton to have to abandon the run, have Peyton press and have happy feet, if that happens the game could be over by halftime. I fear a Panther blowout but hope for a good game.

Reaction Score

Are you kidding ? Do you even know how to spell football ? There are two primary ingredients in a running game - the offensive line and running backs. Both positions for NE were devastated by injury they were down to their 3rd string RB and a guy that was out of football until December. And, again, all against the league's best defense.

Reaction Score
Utter nonsense. Brady scrambles when he has to and he got clobbered in this game because of the porous offensive line. And he still had them right there at the end, if not for a missed PAT. And remember, both Edelman and Amendola were injured late in the year as well.

Utter nonsense according to you. The 3 QB's I mentioned (Wilson, Ben and Rodgers) are all decidedly better at extending the play and throwing outside the pocket when rushed. Brady did none of that yesterday.

Reaction Score
Denver's defense won this game, plain and simple. The Pats O line was completely overmatched and Brady was rattled all game. I am a Pats fan, but I give the Denver D all the credit in the world.

Reaction Score
Utter nonsense according to you. The 3 QB's I mentioned (Wilson, Ben and Rodgers) are all decidedly better at extending the play and throwing outside the pocket when rushed. Brady did none of that yesterday.

It's nonsense that you think he wilts. He was crushed against the Giants in the SB a few years ago, and yet he broke the all time record for consecutive completions. The Ravens had him down and out twice in last year's AFCCG, and he brought them back from two 14 point deficits to win. Michael Bennett made a meal out of him with the Seahawks in the SB last year, and yet he turned in one of the best performances of all time. He moves in the pocket really well, better than any QB not named Marino.

That being said, if the only time I ever watched Brady was yesterday, I'd agree with you. It was one of the rare occasions the pressure got to him and rattled him. Then again, the stats this morning show that the 23 knockdowns were the highest on a QB for any game since 2005, AND the Broncos were doing it with 3 rushers, and flooding the field with 8 pass defenders.

Reaction Score
I think there is a lot of over analysis going on here. Denver's D was tremendous and Brady couldn't go off. He had a chance at the end and that is all you can ask for. Pats defense was pretty good as well.

Pats lost and Denver won in a close, hard fought game. It could have swung either way, which is great to witness as a football fan. It just seemed the better team won Sunday without any controversy, blown calls, etc... Denver is a damn good football team.

Game was much more entertaining than the Cards vs Panthers game.

Reaction Score
Game never should have been that close, Denver's safeties going out was huge. Game was kept close because Peyton missed two throws he should have made for touchdowns and Gronk is a freak. Brady had one great throw to him the other one he just threw it in the endzone and Gronk got it over two defenders because he is unguardable.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This thread is pathetic. What a bunch of bickering, whiny 12 year olds. Really.

What I saw was a tremendously entertaining game. I say that as a fan who has appreciated watching Brady and the Patriots. I'm not so much a Pats fan as I am a Brady/Bellicheck fan. I like watching history getting made, whether it's Speith going for 3 majors in a row or Djokovich going for a record grand slam, or whatever. I just like the drama.

What I saw today was a great game. The better team won, to be sure. I thought the refs were fine, with maybe a really bad call on the Broncos out of bounds unsportsmanlike, and missed a call on Gronk in the endzone getting his shirt held by Talib. But they didn't decide the game. What decided the game was Denver's defense, which was amazing. These guys were beating the O-line off the snap and were knocking Brady around on virtually every pass. It was really impressive to watch.

For his part, Brady had one very bad INT and one so-so bad one. Their final drive, the pass to Gronk, then the TD, was tremendous. The fact that they had a chance to tie with a few seconds left on a 2 pt conversion was epic. It was fitting they did not complete the pass - Denver earned it, and, but for a stupid backwards pass, Denver dominated the game virtually wire to wire. All in all, I don't think this hurts Brady legacy - the guy was getting killed all game long.

Sure sure, the Pats had injuries. Edelman probably wasn't closet to 100%. But that's the game. Gotta work with what you got. Thought the Patriots did not respond well to the Denver rush. Did not see a lot of screens or other plays designed to get the ball out quickly. Did not see any real adjustments.

Manning did what it took to get the win. Gotta give him props. At the end of the day, he did just enough. Will be interesting to see what happens in two weeks. If he can find a way to win, my respect for him would go through the roof. Notwithstanding the D, however, the SB has the potential to be an ugly blowout.

I can't believe how much focus there has been in this thread on everything but the game. Jeez. Can't we just enjoy a great game? Seriously? It was a great game.

This is what it's like to be a Pats fan. And people wonder why we have what they think is a persecution complex. Every single 'Pats Hater' (for lack of a better term--hate the word 'hater') loves to pile on ad nauseum at their slightest misstep. You can tell these guys instantly from the tone of their posts. They share so many tendencies of Syracuse fans, its laugh out loud funny.

I don't think you are seeing many Pats fans being irrational about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom