Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think that a law should be passed requiring that every time a baby boomer gives a commencement address to high school or college kids, they include an apology for duck*ing up the entire world and generally becoming an anchor around the necks of those kids.

So....great commencement address, Mr. McCollough, Jr. Now, stick the apology right there at the bottom and let the kids go enjoy their summer.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I do enjoy it when an older generation presumes to lecture a younger generation - ordinarily, they end up giving a lesson that they themselves should have been taught. That little 'reality' lecture really should have been given to the baby boomers by the 'greatest generation'.

My god, has any collective generation ever thought more highly of the sounds that come out of their own mouths.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
My god, has any collective generation ever thought more highly of the sounds that come out of their own mouths.

First I need to know what generation you are part of. That might tip the scales.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think that a law should be passed requiring that every time a baby boomer gives a commencement address to high school or college kids, they include an apology for duck*ing up the entire world and generally becoming an anchor around the necks of those kids.

So....great commencement address, Mr. McCollough, Jr. Now, stick the apology right there at the bottom and let the kids go enjoy their summer.

To steal a quote from one of most famous boomers, the boomers are doing fine.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Baby Boomer generation ended up murdering every prophet it had. Dr. King, John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and John Lennon. Every one of them, dead, at their own hands.

The degree to which that generation overrates itself and it's accomplishments is ridiculous. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my iPad and ignoring my parents and my loud rap music.

Reaction Score
The Baby Boomer generation ended up murdering every prophet it had. Dr. King, John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, and John Lennon. Every one of them, dead, at their own hands.

The degree to which that generation overrates itself and it's accomplishments is ridiculous. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my iPad and ignoring my parents and my loud rap music.
I think you got your years mixed up. Baby Boomers are 1946-64, so King, and both Kennedy's are not baby boomers and their assasins aren't either. Certainly JFK wasn't a baby boomer prophet as only the oldest 1yr or so of baby boomer's could have voted for him. Even Lennon was older than baby boomer range and of course wasn't born in the US. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom