OT: I guess the greatest woman athlete( for the moment) is Holly Holm, | The Boneyard

OT: I guess the greatest woman athlete( for the moment) is Holly Holm,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Holly Holm
chrissy-blair-ufc-fight-night-71.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rousy simply wasn't prepared to counter Muay Thai combat and paid the price. I have a niece who has been a national champion in Muay Thai and she called the outcome last week.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Rousy simply wasn't prepared to counter Muay Thai combat and paid the price. I have a niece who has been a national champion in Muay Thai and she called the outcome last week.
That wasn't Muay Thai, that was simply Boxing at its scientific best. She used her footwork and lateral movement, and kept Rhonda away from her by staying on the outside of her right foot, she hit Rhonda with the straight left hand at will and Rhonda was confused. Holly threw the same kick in her last fight with the exact same result.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That wasn't Muay Thai, that was simply Boxing at its scientific best. She used her footwork and lateral movement, and kept Rhonda away from her by staying on the outside of her right foot, she hit Rhonda with the straight left hand at will and Rhonda was confused. Holly threw the same kick in her last fight with the exact same result.
Yea Holm was a boxer, held multiple titles, and a kick boxer before trying out MMA.

HolmHollyComposite_small.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It was both. The knockout was a classic kick to the side of the head. Her counters were very much Muay Thai.

HGN

Reaction Score
She may not be the greatest woman athlete in the world right now..........................But you couldn't convince Ronda Rousy of it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It was both. The knockout was a classic kick to the side of the head. Her counters were very much Muay Thai.
While Muay Thai and Kickboxing are similar, I've not read anywhere that she practices Muay Thai. I think it's just her boxing and kickboxing that is confusing you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom