OT: HuskyWear.com Shutting down | The Boneyard

OT: HuskyWear.com Shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
On the one hand, yes, bad news.

On the other hand, the $9 UConn soccer hoodie bought itself.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
On the one hand, yes, bad news.

On the other hand, the $9 UConn soccer hoodie bought itself.
Just bought a soccer hoodie and a couple other things. A great deal especially if you stock up.

Reaction Score
Just spent $70(lot of sizes and styles are already gone).

I feel bad they are shutting down. Scott is a good guy.

Thanks for the heads up UCONNSouth..

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Can't beat $18 for an adult replica football jersey that used it be $60. I second the thanks, South.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Wow, just went crazy. Sorry to see the site go down, hope its not another barometer for the AD.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'll bet this relates to the rebranding issue.

Reaction Score
Wow, just went crazy. Sorry to see the site go down, hope its not another barometer for the AD.
lol me too. i feel like i bought everything that was left in my size. :p but it was only $55 total!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have bought a couple shirts from husky wear before. think the last 1 was a hi5tory one back when that the rage. as a non alum, can someone please explain to me what huskwear is, how it connects to uconn and so on?

my impression was it was a business that got old uconn gear and then sold it for good prices and the connection was a alum asc donation or something?

one of my biggest issues with uconn is they should have the bookstore with everything from tshirts to fire pitts with uconn iron. it should be massive product. some here will be reminded of my duct tape rant. then that bookstore should have a nice website thats a legit store website so fans and alums can order up all day any time and get things shipped. it should always have the latest and greatest gear and should make things possible for non student to aquire the goods. they also need to do something at the rent. i have sugested a trailer of some sort for goods that goes around the parking lot or something like that. little pop up stands with a few things is not the answer.

i hope this is a sign of a couple things, i know the new brand is right around the corner so old inventory must go. but i'm hoping this is a larger picture thing. about getting everything in 1 entity and going for a brand splash of sorts with how we market/sell.

w/e the husky wear connect was with the alum asc im sure that was a good thing, but lets be real. if u want to make a dam donation then go make one. buying a tshirt shouldnt be your excuse to do so. we need this school to start doing big time things like the schools we look up at right now, this is a major piece to the puzzle if it turns out like i think it might long run.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
HuskyWear is a small company that is unfortunately going out of business - they acted as the storefront for the Alumni Association as well, I believe.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Saw Scott at the Durham Fair and he said that the past year was a really rough one with regard to his health. I could see that he was tired. Husky Wear had a long 65% off sale through the holiday season and beyond. I loaded up on 2013 gifts. Very sad news to hear tho I haven't seen an email with an announcement.

Reaction Score
Did someone just ask what the website was for Husky Wear when the URL is in the subject of the thread? Are you kidding me?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Did someone just ask what the website was for Husky Wear when the URL is in the subject of the thread? Are you kidding me?

The Boneyard is home all types, the internet challenged included.

Reaction Score

well, not everyone is a Tapatalking Space Ranger riding his DROID RAZR though the galazy like yourself Chief.

H

Huskieforlife

How do you pick sizes? I was looking at the shorts and there's no size option?
Can't beat $18 for an adult replica football jersey that used it be $60. I second the thanks, South.

Reaction Score
They are basically out of all the really good stuff. I got a few t-shirts last night and one or two things for my son but the good inventory is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom