OT Hotels | The Boneyard

OT Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My wife and I are planning to get tickets for Van Halen at Xfinity in Hartford this summer (Xfinity Mansfield, MA is 15 minutes from our house but we have a conflict). I grew up in Manchester, but nothing is the same as it was then. We might just drive home after the show, or might stay somewhere, probably east of the river. Any suggestions? Xfinity is north-end, so I can't imagine any place near it would work. So Manchester might be our best bet.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My wife and I are planning to get tickets for Van Halen at Xfinity in Hartford this summer (Xfinity Mansfield, MA is 15 minutes from our house but we have a conflict). I grew up in Manchester, but nothing is the same as it was then. We might just drive home after the show, or might stay somewhere, probably east of the river. Any suggestions? Xfinity is north-end, so I can't imagine any place near it would work. So Manchester might be our best bet.
Out of Curiosity. How much were those tickets?

In terms of hotels, there is always the Hartford Hilton or the Raddison. There is also a Marriot Residence Inn on main street. In east Hartford there is a Comfort Inn and Ramada across the street from a Margharita's.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Out of Curiosity. How much were those tickets?

In terms of hotels, there is always the Hartford Hilton or the Raddison. There is also a Marriot Residence Inn on main street. In east Hartford there is a Comfort Inn and Ramada across the street from a Margharita's.

I stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn and they gave my wife and me a two-bedroom suite that had to have been 1500 square feet. (There was a mix-up, I think.) It was fine. The concert was at XL, so it was close.

Is Xfinity what used to be the Meadows?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Tickets go on sale April 4th. I think they are pretty pricey. I like Van Halen, but they are my wife's favorite band. She has a Diver Down gold record in her name on our basement wall.

I'll scout around. Don't need fancy, and don't want to pay to park! Would like to be able to grab a drink after...so near Margharitas sounds good. When I lived in CT there was no outside amphitheater, everyone went to Great Woods (which is the one 15 minutes from my house). So I've never been to this one. That area used to be the home of Uncle Al's and similar strip bars I think.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn and they gave my wife and me a two-bedroom suite that had to have been 1500 square feet. (There was a mix-up, I think.) It was fine. The concert was at XL, so it was close.

Is Xfinity what used to be the Meadows?

The Xfinity Center is the current name for Greatwoods in MA. The Comcast Music Theatre is the former Meadows.

Eddie Van Halen is Rembrandt with a guitar and piano and Alex Van Halen might just be the most underrated drummers in rock n' Roll history, but what a shame how the band as a whole (d)evolved. One of my favorite bands of my youth has basically become a tribute band of the Roth era.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The Xfinity Center is the current name for Greatwoods in MA. The Comcast Music Theatre is the former Meadows.

Eddie Van Halen is Rembrandt with a guitar and piano and Alex Van Halen might just be the most underrated drummers in rock n' Roll history, but what a shame how the band as a whole (d)evolved. One of my favorite bands of my youth has basically become a tribute band of the Roth era.
It was Comcast for a few years around 2010-2013 or so. It was renamed to the Xfinity Theater last year or the year before.

Reaction Score
My wife and my cheap arse never pay full price for a room for one night. We get those books on the highway and make do. Minimal requirements (quiet, free breakfast, comfortable bed and clean). We are easy to please. And yes I've stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Hilton and other 5 start hotels which met my 3 requirements.

But for one night after a concert (and late check in) I am not so picky.

So if you just are looking for a bed: Linky

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So if you just are looking for a bed: Linky

This might be your best bet. The link has a $69. coupon for the Ramada and Comfort Inns off I-84 in E. Htfd. They are across from Margarita's and the Ramada has a place that got a nice write-up last week. So you would have a choice.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I will also be going to this concert. I'm a big Van Halen fan and have never seen them live. I've gotten my 13 year old into them and will take her to the concert. This is on my bucket list. I also need to see Guns N Roses (even though Slash isn't there they still put on a great show).

Reaction Score
Tickets range from $50-175 including fees. I'll wait until they inevitably groupon the lawn seats.

As far as hotels you can typically get a good deal on hotwire for downtown hartford. As long as you select 3 stars + and select downtown hartford you will get one within a mile or so of the theater.

Reaction Score
If you want something on the classy side, the Simsbury 1820 house is an excellent historic hotel. The only thing is that it's a 20 minute drive from the XL center.

Reaction Score
Courtyard hotel in Manchester is on your way home and near plenty of places to eat/drink.

Reaction Score
Stay at the Hartford Marriott, you can walk from there, a long walk albeit. My wife and I have done a few shows in Hartford that way.

We may go too to that show, although I have heard the band and music is pretty lousy as Dave's voice is shot, but still a good time.

Right, I think Xfinity Center is Greatwoods. Xfinity Theatre is the one in Hartford, former Meadows.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Many more options for food and drink in Manchester near the mall compared to East Hartford by Margaritas, nicer area too.

Reaction Score
The are a number of very plain but relatively (compared to Hartford) cheap hotels in East Hartford near the river about a mile from Xfinitity.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If you want something on the classy side, the Simsbury 1820 house is an excellent historic hotel. The only thing is that it's a 20 minute drive from the XL center.
Used to live in Simsbury, so I know this place. Used the work the tennis tournament there. But it's the wrong direction for me coming from eastern MA.

Many more options for food and drink in Manchester near the mall compared to East Hartford by Margaritas, nicer area too.
Courtyard hotel in Manchester is on your way home and near plenty of places to eat/drink.

This is what I'm leaning towards. I'm from Manchester, might make it easy to catch up with old HS friends and the area is a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom