Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Message from President Herbst: University Master Plan

I think I know who would fit the bill:
ultimate-evil-geniuses--20101102040039940.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Herbst: Please send in the next candidate.

The Architect: I am the Architect. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although you are the president of this university, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Herbst: We'll let you know. Thank you for coming.

The Architect: Wait? What? We're just getting started...

Herbst: Thank you for your interest in the University of Connecticut.... Next!

Reaction Score
In the old days Herbst would be known as a smart cookie.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The University has a master plan. It actually has a few too many. But, the bigger problem is that they are very short sighted and often ignored on a moments notice.

The other problem is the number of people influencing it and they wildly divergent agendas.

I am speaking of past administrations here so, maybe Susan can cut through all that but there is a problem. Aesthetically and functionally the campus under performs its setting (I'm being charitable). Improvements have been made under UConn 2000 and UC21, but until they set an intelligent core campus boundary, deal with the DEEP problem, utility services, and embrace knocking some stuff down, it will never be what it should be.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think that it is a good idea. Too often design, aesthetics and location of a new building are limited to that project's needs only. It makes much more sense to have a master plan and single vision so that future development isn't haphazard with competing goals and visions. Herbst is a savy administrator whose professional forward looking approach is going leave a hugely beneficial mark on the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom