OT: Harvard center joins Bethune-Cookman program | The Boneyard

OT: Harvard center joins Bethune-Cookman program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Agreed. If it isn't the NBA, it's not worth it. That Harvard diploma would've open more doors for him.

Reaction Score
Do we still play those nerds or has the series ended? Obviously making room or getting rid of a problem player.

On a side note-my old girlfriend went to Harvard and she was a biatch.

Reaction Score
Do we still play those nerds or has the series ended? Obviously making room or getting rid of a problem player.

On a side note-my old girlfriend went to Harvard and she was a biatch.

LOL! It comes with the diploma...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He was at Harvard for 4 years so I guess it's possible he's completed enough upper division coursework that he can still receive a Harvard degree.

Reaction Score
CAHUSKY said:
He was at Harvard for 4 years so I guess it's possible he's completed enough upper division coursework that he can still receive a Harvard degree.
Bingo! Okam injured a knee, skipped a season or so in Cambridge, focused on his education, earned a Hahvahd degree, is now continuing his education closer to home, pursuing graduate studies on scholarship, and, giving it another go on the court. I bet it probably beats Bethune-Cookman intramurals in a far less strenuous academic setting. Hmmm, it might even enable some small chance for the 7 footer to play in some small overseas pro league.

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20140909/SPORTS/140909459

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The guy has a Harvard degree.

You monkeys aren't smart enough to understand his reasonings here.

Reaction Score
Hope the kid has a great 5th year, he did it right. No tutors at Harvard even for hoop players......he has a degree at Harvard - not enough for some but good for him!

Reaction Score
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...okman-announces-addition-of-ugo-okam/related/

Admittedly, I'm looking at this from the perspective of a 50-year-old who uses my college degree for my professional career, but how do you leave Harvard to go to Bethune-Cookman? Is he really going to raise his visibility enough to make a difference, from a basketball career perspective? Boy, I sure hope so.

Jeff Van Gundy left Yale because he wasn't getting enough playing time and ended up at Nazareth (??) college. Didn't turn out too bad for him, although apparently his mother wasn't pleased at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom