OT: Go Bulldogs! | The Boneyard

OT: Go Bulldogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The other CT dogs pull off an upset over Baylor in a real nail biter. Highlight of the game - an awesome inbound with 9 seconds left.

First win - EVER!

Reaction Score
Wtched this game. Yale played a great game at the beginning and at the end.
M. Mason scored 31 pts and is 11-11 FT. Just amazing.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
without their top player as well, who got booted from the team mid-season for some type of on-going scandal... go Bulldogs

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
without their top player as well, who got booted from the team mid-season for some type of on-going scandal... go Bulldogs

Jack Montague - another sad story of the inequities of Title IX. A male is accused and is automatically considered guilty and punished by a cowed administration.

From the linked article -
"the accusation against Montague stems from an October 2014 encounter at his room, where he and his accuser had sex and went their separate ways. She returned later and stayed the night, Stern said. It was the fourth time they'd slept together, all consensual, Stern said.

A year later, the student told a Title IX coordinator that the sex that night had not been consensual, Stern said. Montague said that it was, Stern said."

Reaction Score
Jack Montague - another sad story of the inequities of Title IX. A male is accused and is automatically considered guilty and punished by a cowed administration.

From the linked article -
"the accusation against Montague stems from an October 2014 encounter at his room, where he and his accuser had sex and went their separate ways. She returned later and stayed the night, Stern said. It was the fourth time they'd slept together, all consensual, Stern said.

A year later, the student told a Title IX coordinator that the sex that night had not been consensual, Stern said. Montague said that it was, Stern said."

The Title IX referred to in this story is part of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which has become a powerful tool in combatting sexual assault and harassment in schools and on campuses. Don't know about the inequities you're referring to, but it's quite clear that sexual harassment and assaults have been serious and ongoing problems, and this Title IX has certainly been effective in the fight. The better known Title IX, which was part of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, of course is the one that so affected athletic programs. Excuse my lecturing if you actually weren't confusing the two Title IXs.

Reaction Score
Cheers for Makai Mason of Yale, born in Greenfield, Ma and educated at the Hotchkiss School in Lakeville, CT.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
The Title IX referred to in this story is part of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which has become a powerful tool in combatting sexual assault and harassment in schools and on campuses. Don't know about the inequities you're referring to, but it's quite clear that sexual harassment and assaults have been serious and ongoing problems, and this Title IX has certainly been effective in the fight. The better known Title IX, which was part of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, of course is the one that so affected athletic programs. Excuse my lecturing if you actually weren't confusing the two Title IXs.

I wasn't confusing the Title IX. I didn't know that there were two separate acts. FWIW I didn't feel lectured - just informed.

The inequities that I referred to is that all it takes is an allegation to ruin somebody's life. A female can make an allegation a year after the fact or with no supporting evidence and yet the male is automatically guilty. School administrations are under such pressure from within and without that if a finger is pointed the male is expelled.

Rape and sexual assaults are crimes. They have no place being adjudicated in some university functionary's office where individual prejudices and politics play a huge role and where an individual's constitutional rights are ignored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom