OT: Giants vs. Cowboys... | The Boneyard

OT: Giants vs. Cowboys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looked in the mirror this morning to see if I had ANY hair left after Big Blue nearly imploded yesterday in Dallas. The key to Dallas' great comeback was their coaching staff's recognition that the Giants were letting them have the tight end over the middle for 7-8 yards. How many 1st & 10s became 2nd & 2-3 yard plays? It was maddening. Still, for a football fan, it was an entertaining game right to the end.

Reaction Score
Looked in the mirror this morning to see if I had ANY hair left after Big Blue nearly imploded yesterday in Dallas. The key to Dallas' great comeback was their coaching staff's recognition that the Giants were letting them have the tight end over the middle for 7-8 yards. How many 1st & 10s became 2nd & 2-3 yard plays? It was maddening. Still, for a football fan, it was an entertaining game right to the end.
images

Reaction Score
Agree. Total nailbiter, right up to the last play with one second left. Romo is scary. Too bad for Dez Bryant - he had like .0001% of his body out of bounds, the rest of him landed right in the end zone, and he hurt himself landing. I don't like that rule. I think it should have to be a knee, foot, etc., out of bounds, the same as what you need to be considered "down" on a play. One little finger is not "down"and it shouldn't be out on a play like that either. A foot, knee, shoulder or torso is totally different. And I'm a Jints fan. Glad we won. Dez Bryant is like Deon Sanders - a little better than everyone else.

Reaction Score
Imagine if you were a Dallas fan.

You just know if Eli had the ball at the end, he gets into the end zone. But you watch as Tony's miracle is overturned and he fails again.

Reaction Score

You just know if Eli had the ball at the end, he gets into the end zone. But you watch as Tony's miracle is overturned and he fails again.
Yeah. Dallas just turned it over way too much. I think they actually outplayed us but for the turnovers. Giants have to start scoring touchdowns. Victor Cruz has to catch more of those passes that hit him in the hands.

Reaction Score
Giants played awful and as pointed out they allowed Witten way too much freedom. Didn't like the "run-run-pass" play calling after the Jones fumble late as that is typical Giants saying we will be up more than a FG. We happen to be Giant fans and are scared shitle** when we don't have more than a TD lead with 1 minute left!!!

A win is a win....but with the Steelers next they will need to be a lot better........

Reaction Score

Yup... UConn, Yankees, Cowboys. How am I doing?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I mostly agree gars, but it's a slight distinction between having a knee to be down versus touching out of bounds. If your toe is touching the white paint on the sideline it's out, and one could say a fingertip is equivalent to a toe, I guess.

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone caught it but at one point in the second half the camera was isolated on Dez and they had the line under him "Has Only Fumbled One Return Today". We cracked up.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Agree. Total nailbiter, right up to the last play with one second left. Romo is scary. Too bad for Dez Bryant - he had like .0001% of his body out of bounds, the rest of him landed right in the end zone, and he hurt himself landing. I don't like that rule. I think it should have to be a knee, foot, etc., out of bounds, the same as what you need to be considered "down" on a play. One little finger is not "down"and it shouldn't be out on a play like that either. A foot, knee, shoulder or torso is totally different. And I'm a Jints fan. Glad we won. Dez Bryant is like Deon Sanders - a little better than everyone else.
The issue there is that if any part of the body touches out of bounds before a receiver has established himself as being in bounds with control of the ball (normally both feet but a knee also counts) the receiver was not in bounds with possession.

Reaction Score

as a Dallas fan I can say they won't ever win with Romo... He will always have these up and downs but never win when it counts.
This has been the trend and will be the trend until they decide to move on. His stats are awesome, he can be a top notch quarterback, and he can look real good at times. Problem is, he is too prone to making stupid mistakes as well which always seem to cost the team a win. Yesterday's loss was all on Romo.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Dallas just turned it over way too much. I think they actually outplayed us but for the turnovers. Giants have to start scoring touchdowns. Victor Cruz has to catch more of those passes that hit him in the hands.

and nicks needs to get it going, I also wish Gilbride opened it up a little and not go with this throw it deep or run it philosophy, whats wrong with a 5 yard slant pass every now and then or a screen to a back other then Bradshaw. Hopefully somebody can step up as that number 3 receiver play the role that Manningham played, whether that would be Hixon, the rookie Randle who looked very good when they have thrown to him, Andre Brown should get more carriers and give David Wilson some carries and throw him some screens with his speed. I love Bradshaws intensity but he doesnt read the holes and have patience like Brown does, im not saying dont play Bradshaw but he shouldnt get the bulk of the carries.

Reaction Score
and nicks needs to get it going, I also wish Gilbride opened it up a little and not go with this throw it deep or run it philosophy, whats wrong with a 5 yard slant pass every now and then or a screen to a back other then Bradshaw. Hopefully somebody can step up as that number 3 receiver play the role that Manningham played, whether that would be Hixon, the rookie Randle who looked very good when they have thrown to him, Andre Brown should get more carriers and give David Wilson some carries and throw him some screens with his speed. I love Bradshaws intensity but he doesnt read the holes and have patience like Brown does, im not saying dont play Bradshaw but he shouldnt get the bulk of the carries.
This.
David Wilson may be a little too raw and Bradshaw is doing OK, but you gotta find ways to get that kid the ball.
He has a burst that's noticeable to anyone paying attention- & he's a future star, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom